Weapons actual names update

brandeburg

• 2 months later...

Vickers MG should be 0.5 inch. 5" would be a light naval gun:)

Mauser C96 image may not be a Bolo. The Bolo term is debateable and is generally used to describe Mauser's with a short barrel and/or smaller grips. Typically the post WW1 Mausers with 3.5-3.9" barrels are called Bolo's.

Nagant revolver ammo is 7.62x38R, the R standing for rimmed.

The image of the Webley is actually a Webley Frontier circa 1880's. The Mk VI is a top break and has squared off grips not the "birds head" style. Pretty bizarre choice of image if you ask me.

Vickers did produce Lugers under license. Holland was one of their customers. Pistols were issued to the Dutch East Indies Army.

Welrod is a magazine fed bolt action. 5 rounds 9x19mm, 6 rounds .32 Auto.

Suppressed STEN's and the Welrod don't require subsonic ammo. The barrels are ported(have holes drilled in them) to bleed powder gasses and reduce velocity to subsonic speed. Makes the suppressor get hot fast hence the canvas cover. Automatic fire on the STEN was only to be used in an emergency.

Bergmann is MP28.II.

Soumi magazine is officially 70 rounds but it will hold 72. Also available was a 20 rd(will hold up to 25) box, 50 rd box(loading more was forbidden since it caused jams) and 40 rd drum.

33/40 should be Gewehr 33/40. Why the Germans chose to call a carbine a rifle is beyond me. The few scoped images I've seen show the ZF 41 scope.

As long as your doing research why not add the correct firing modes and cyclic rates?

For example the Beretta 38 series and MP41 are selectfire. Why doesn't the Lewis have short burst?

PPD and Soumi have a cylic rate of ~800 rpm, PPSh 41 ~900 rpm. Yet ingame(S2) the Soumi has short burst 3 and the PPD/PPSh have 4.

Etc., etc...

Carcano M38 was originally chambered in 7.35x51mm Carcano. Ammo supply problems led them to be withdrawn from service.

M38's rebarreled to 6.5x52mm Carcano are known as M91/38.

Carcanos were made in 7.92x57mm. Details are vague, some say the Italians made ~50,000 for the Africa campaign to ease supply problems. Possibly some were also converted by the Germans to make use of captured rifles after the Italians surrendered. I've seen these named as M38S or M38 S. I'm not sure if it's official or just something collectors use to distinguish between models. The 7.92mm conversions are of questionable safety. 6.5mm military loads run around 38,000 psi and the 7.92 at 50,000+ psi.