X-COM: UFO Defense in IGN top 10 of Scariest Games

Crazy Gringo

I'll totally agree that Resident Evil should be number 1 on the list. I have the second installment in the series and it always manages to scare me no matter what. I haven't played any of the other games in the top 5 except for Clock Tower so I'm a little biased. True, Clock Tower is scary, but it's stupid at the same time. But X-COM #5? Come on. At least for me, few games provide the same chilling atmosphere like X-COM did. It's #2 on my list. :D

- Zombie

• 4 weeks later...
Its that creepy accompanying synthesizer music, gets me every time.

Yeh I exactly agree and also the fact that you just don't know "what's around the corner.."

Alone in the Dark is pretty scary but meh once you have played it long enough you know that 1)pig comes through window; block window entrance, 2) etc.etc.etc...

Clock Tower.. hmm I played the SNES version of that, I don't know how much scarier it is on PSX?

I recall playing the original X-Com years ago for the first time and when an alien showed up unexpectedly, it startled me like a punch in the gut - a real adrenalin bolt. Who says games aren't immersive? The graphics weren't anything by today's standards, but the game ws so cool! I'd pay $50 for a real update, even.