Thats it! im throwing in the towel!

Oddball_E8

Once again i have run into the same problems with my new mod that i did in my last... weapons damages changed without me doing anything concerning weapons damage...

and since i dont really have the patience or time to start over again, i will not finish this mod or start another...

i hope you enjoyed it while it lasted...

well im not going to do any mods for silent storm...

because of several reasons:

1. i cant patch my game since i have a pirate copy (yes yes shame on me, but the game isnt sold in sweden and i wont buy the game from abroad without absolute guarantees that it is 100% moddable without these kind of anomalies)

2. im not even playing the game without mods that make it (at least slightly) more historically correct since im sortof a WWII freak

3. i just spent every free time on modding this game during the last four weeks and now i cant use that mod since there is some kind of code freakieness that shouldnt be there in the first place!

4. in short... burnout... ill go play H&D2 or COD instead...

oh and i never got all the sounds to work properly, but bandures had some explanation for that... cant remember now since i really dont care no more... :(

well its a slow process... but a boring one :lol:

im not really giving up on the modding... ive had a little talk with bandures at nival and he promised me that the 1.2 patch fixes the problems i have... and if it does i will surely buy the game...

i dont really understand how more than one person could work with a mod for S^2 since you have to have those A5GAME_Log.ldf and A5GAME_Data.mdf files in addition to the game.db files... would it involve sending eachother those files when one is done with the assigned part of the modding?

cos in that case i couldnt help you since im on a modem... theres no way in hell im going to be sending any 80meg files to anyone... sorry...

:(

I think it would actually be possible (though I don't yet know how) to ave a central SQL server (much like how Nival would have been doing it, only theirs is through a local network). It would mean someone would have to be willing to set one up, though, but would certainly make modding in teams very cool. :(

If the X-Com mod gains some momentum I will probably run an SQL server from my ADSL link (my ISP is happy for us to run servers)

The main proble is the dynamic IP, but I have a webpage that is always updated with the current IP, so that's not a huge problem.

I'm just a little concerned about how to get it setup & secured.