1. ability to go prone for snipers
2. ability to enter buildings for more cover and climb up to the roof for sniper placements(include the ability to climb inside and on top of littered vehicles would make it even more better!)
3. androids soldiers / robotic dog scouts
4. small armored mechs that a soldiers can get into and man (but go at slow speed)
5. camera to go to "eye-level" and zoom in closer
6. more soldiers and ability to allocate them to various bases (to protect and launch attacks from - flying all the way from Mexico to Alaska sucks)
7. characters in game that we can relate to would help propel the storyline
8. ability to choose (multiple) insertion point (especially when in urban areas. i.e. fast rope on top of a building while some drop off nearby)
9. trees other obstruction that becomes slightly transparent
10. ability to lay traps / mines for ambush (is there one ingame currently? not sure... havent played that far yet)
11. variety of enemies might help (i.e. renegade soldiers working for aliens, kingpin/gangs that roam the areas perhaps?)
12. might be nice to be able to take more than 7 people into the battle field (bringing along 10 noob soldeirs into the area to watch 6 experts do the work to learn a thing or two sounds cool - though taxing and confusing
13. havent played a night mission but are there any night vision/IR goggles?
14. ability to call in re-inforcements/back-up when 4 of your 6 men team is down would be nice.
15. multiplay / coop play
most those things mentioned above would probaly need a lot of reprogramming
better forget about it, i wouldnt wanna wait another few years for a sequel or expansion.