Expansion Pack

X-COM

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make transgenant Research giving extra damage potential against researched trangenants except just telling you their armor or/and a Trangenant Training, giving soldiers trained extra damage against trangenants you've researched (Requiring V.Good Perception, Good intelligence and Good dexterity)

Anti-Alien Armor Weaponry

Special weapons designed to short circuit the alien armor and make it damage the user. More effective against more advanced alien armors and completely innefective against trangenants

Power Armor

Heavy Armor utilizing the shield technology of the alien armor. (Looks like a living Heavy armor.) It is highly resistant to almost anything but it takes ages to manufacture and is very heavy and cumbersome

Biomass/Urban/Wilderness Training

Gives extra observation,stealth and speed while on that terrain (Requires Average Intelligence, V.Good Agility and Good Perception)

Make Psi Control Weaker and Psi Damage better.

Alien missions get VERY easy once you manage to take control of Aliens. Furthermore, Psi Stingers, Psi Rifles and Psi Crushers don't do enough damage and don't have enough range to be useful.

Make it so that it gets back to shooting the opponent rather than just controlling every alien you see and disarming it.

Make Soldiers to have to undertake special Training in order to be able to use psi weapons.

Add a recon option to missions.

When a new mission is announced, the player has the chance to perform a recon. It takes some time (like about 12 hours) but when it is complete it gives a difficulty for the mission (easy-medium-tough). Easy would be something that you could delegate and have something like a 70% success. Medium is something that Delegate would find it hard but it would be normal for your special squad. Hard is unlikely to succeed if delegated (something like 5% success) and quite tough for your team.

You could then have more research and technologies (like researching better recon procedures, develop sattelites or spy planes etc) and they would increase the chance for the recon to succeed and/or reduce the time it takes.

Leadership.

Allow units that gain much experience to become leaders. You could assign leaders to bases to give bonuses, and leaders would give bonuses to rookies around them.

For example, a high Level scientist would be assigned to a research base, increasing its output. A high level soldier would give +1 combat bonus to all units of level 4 or less.

Garrisons.

Give more recruits to the player and have him make garrisons at his bases. If a ufo attacks, and the squad does not arrive very quickly, the garrison must fight alone. Otherwise it will help with the ensuing battle.

Cybernetics.

Have another field of research and manufacture. Cybernetic implants. You will have a vary basic technology at the start of the game that you could evolve with research and alien power sources etc. You could then manufacture cybernetic stuff and equip them to your soldiers (Or have them as training options). The Trick is, that cybernetics are one time only. You cannot remove a cybernetic, you may only uprgade it.

Androids.

Since the game lacks tanks, how about Andoids? Have a research field that deals with this technology. Then you would be able to "Create" soldiers. These would be very tough (With something like innate +60% Resistance to Soft and 40% to hard, invunerable to psi etc) but they would gain only 20% exp (increased with more research on AI) and would only be able to walk...And they would be expensive as hell to make.

Base Configuration: One of the few things i'd like to see imported from Xcom. Have the ability to customize your bases, even a bit. Things you could customize to a base would be:

Turrets: Construct turrets that are placed by you in strategic points around the base that automaticaly shoot aliens that come in view (Many different types of turrets too)

Teleporters: Have the choice to place the teleporter(s) yourself.

(If possible) Full placement of Research, Development and Hangar rooms a well as radars, Storehouses, Alien Containments etc (But that may be just too much to ask for)

• 3 weeks later...

Ufo and tftd were so good ... now with got great cpu to make better game and still we cant beat those 2 games...

Well like he said, more option would be cool. Motion Scanner, guided rocket , new aircraft , better chinhook!

And what about a multiplayer ! We got 7 soldiers, why cant we use 7 players to control them? and for the strategic map, you got rank and the higher decide what to do with other players and can even share so option like 1 control research other engineering other interception and more !

This game would be surely the best one if they keep on upgrading the game. For example, Everquest, they never stop upgrading the game!! so why dont they do the same here? well i played a lot to ufo 1 and 2 also apocalypse and interceptor ... But those game still incomplete. This one , aftermath , could be a lot better , if they were more option : research and etc........

Pls dont blame me on my bad english.. i usually speak french :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Taking over a planet would kick ass. Just think about the joy of orbital bombardment, terrorizing the locals with evil earth critters like... cows... ok well not dropping in earth animals but orbital bombardment is a start. Then capturing a territory and setting up bases would be good.

Vehicles would be great. Like X-Com's Mini Tanks and the later hover tanks.

Anti-Matter bazookas used to OWN, would be nice to have those back. Set way points and watch a portion of the scenery reduced to vapour.

More advancement in the suits would be good. As in more mobility, shields and maybe a jet pack.

Better HUMAN weapons. The weapons already in the game kick major ass, but you could add some SAWs and .50 sniper rifles. Some two function weapons would be good too, like an M-4 with a grenade launcher attachment (A-La "say hello to my little friend" but M-4 and not M-16). Satchel charges and claymores would be good. Bual pistol firing and dual Ingrams would make guns useful for longer then the first five seconds of the game. Then some high end guns like 600 round tactical assault rifle from StarShip troopers.

Alien weapons could improve too. The stun gas gun would be fun. Oh and Snarks, must try snarks (think alien version of the Vorpal Bunny).

Oh and more alien types. Right now the Reticulans are all grays, but a variation would be good. Like a combined force of aliens from planets with different gravities and environments.

Customisable Choppers and Intercepter air crafts would be nice. If not that then I'd like to see a SU-27/37 and F-22 for advanced millitary outposts.

I'll check my list and see if anything else is missing.

lol....but some of that stuff cant be maid....the m82 is a 50 calibar sniper rifle.....no jet packs sorry.....and u cant have more than one chopper....hmmmm

but some stuff can be made like the m4 with m203...i had some luck with it.....but i hear a new mod is being maid for it........so far tanks are difficult issue...so dont wait up for them....

but i personlay would love to see anouther coe team to fight with me

How about ....The discovery of a trailer park in the middle of the biomass....Extra research points could be gained by securing it and analyzing why the biomass er...um...avoided it. Make it swarming with Ret scientists (who are scratching thier heads Like you) that you must capture :blink:

Seriously....

Civilian rescue missions which are bonus missions similar to the pilot rescue mission that give you extra recruits..or a random scattering of survivors in random missions. I would even go so far as to make all replacements dependent on the ammount of civilians you rescue (not delegate). This will add incentive to be more agressive and delegate less.

More later

if i cant post it there...i'll post it here

u realy talk to much ufo man....but a very good and detaild idea...one more thing...if posible i would like the guns/ humen guns to look more special force like...silncers...sights...and laser sights sould be menifectured.....as upgrades...

take the idea ghost in a shell...one cyborg that can become clocked....to make it more realistic....fast agile, heavy...but weack against fire(not realy but to make the game balanced).....thast where agilaty comes in...if skilled the player could clear her/him to safty(expenstion on UFO mans ideas)

what do you guys think of this for an expansion pack: humanity knows earth is doomed, the biomass destroyed the natural balance bla bla bla, this is the opening. so then, the game starts, a random countdown starts, wich the player cant see, towards the destruction of earth. the player must start constructing bases, wich can manage the long jurney from earth to another planet, but he has to choose: the more bases he construct, the bigger advantage he gets when he gets to another plant, but there is always the chance of earth blowing up under his feets. as the start moves on, the player gets different signs of how much earth has left to live, like rapid volcano outbreaks and stuff. so, when the player desides that he has enough bases, he presses the launch button, and the bases launch. after a while(movie?) he gets to a different planet but,surprise surprise, there is some aliens there that needs blowing up :blink: . let me know what you think of it. (plz be a little bit forgiving about mistakes ;) )

strange but intresting....but the hall idea...of the world being lost...is bad....hmmm...but i still like the idea...with going to anouther planet....

maybe to help the old greys finish off those guys...but for return of your services...they give u ships and tech???

whats so bad about the whole world being lost? the rest of humanity where saved on those bases. what about a mission where your ship was borded by aliens and you had to fight them off and save the humans? but i thought the whole rase of "bad" reticulans was wiped out

i would like it to have a little more mission types, all i do in the missions now is blow the h### out of those ugly aliens.i only use my snipers and launchers., the close combat guys gets worthless when the aliens gets rocket launchers. and i liked that about you had to rescue civilians. it would have been fun if they could make it a little more like fallout tactics.

First of all make a graduation of available technology's for research. What do i mean? That is simple. No one will research gauss technology first if he can get his hands on the alien masterblasters right? Well then first humans should be able to use only conventional weapons ( but all of them should be available in the beginning of the game ! - after all these are human weapons to which we have access and which we understand right ? ) Ofcourse the problem arises that no one will use a desert eagle. He'll choose an ak. That could be solved by giving pistols and weaker weapons proper respect ( stats ). After all you can blow someones brains with a pistol. In the game however the best use for the pistols is to use them as an element of decore. Maybe they should be givin bigger strength and bigger accuracy? Or maybe the alien ships wouldn't allow boarding the ship with too much metal so the player wanting to bored the alien craft would be forced to use only pistols and granades and so on - something like a metall detector <-- this would be a situation in which pistols would be very wanted.

To research the alien fazers we need TIME. After all it's a completely different technology, something that is not baised on our maths, knowledge and logics. I suggest that we should be able to research alien weapons only with the help of the good reticulans. And that would happen at a certain moment of the game, obviously right?

The gauss technology would be a brand new technology tree wich would be as strong if not stronger then the alien devices. Ofcourse it would inflict a new type of demage such as for example rays. This would be a good moment for inventing new armours which would prevent you from lesers plasma and rays for example.

Aliens should also be givin a possibility to take our technology and make some use of it. For example we invent gauss technology we use it for some time. And after a few weeks we encounter alliens with weapons that are based on this adopted gauss technology. So from now on not only we capture technology but also the aliens do.

Tanks are a bad idea because they would have to be enormous ( look at how big the cars are ). Not to mantion the ways of transporting a tank across the globe to the battle field without having a base in close vicinity. Also the tank statistics would be a gret draw back. How fast should a tank be? Modern tank can go what 60-100 km/h ? And they can shoot from what , 1-5 km distance ? The maps are simply to small for this!! Making the maps bigger is also a bad solution because first of all the game reqirement would grow bigger and second of all imagine that with the current map size there are moments that you keep on looking for the last alien and what would happend if the map got 5 times bigger?

From the same reason entering the buildings is a very bad idea. The complexity of the game would unnecessarily grow. The length of each battle would considerably enlarge. Many, wayyyyyy to many problems arise. For exmaple what should be destroyed inside? Should the inner walls colapse but the outter walls stay intact?

However maybe a rocketluncher could do some demage to the buildings?

It would be nice to shoot a wall and see the demage inflicted.

More then one team and more then a chooper is a MUST!

We should be given an options to synchronise the choppers so that more than one team arrives on the battlefield.

More weapons MORE MORE MORE.

- conventional

- alien

- mixed weapons

Add gadgets as uv gogles/ laser scopes/ clay mores mines and so on!

The missions at night could be very dark but if your soldiers wear night vision gogles then the whole battlemap is seen in green ( you know what i mean ). Those would give a rest to our computers ( i think this would require less compuer "power" - after all the sight i ranged because it's dark and what you see is greenish ). Those who ghave slowers computers could go to the missions only at night time ;)

Robots are a good idea!

implants MMMM that i like !

The intercepting should be more influenced by the player. Maybe a couple of formations to choose from before the dog fight? Etc...

Underwater misions - hmmm NOPE I say no because this would require a whole new world to be biuld. New dependencies and so on. We are not thinking of a sequel - just an expantion pack.

Bases should be givin air defences. And we should be allowed to decide which will be build. / researched.

more Armours!

And add shields like special ops have !

Make a sniper rifle usless on short distance gun fights. ( Enhance rifle meaning )

Civilians in the cities may also be too much. I take the requirements into consideration. However maybe some roving plundering band with which we have to fight? This would be also interesting. Humans vs Aliens vs Bands.

Imagine a mission in wich aliens appear a gang and us and everybody is against everybody ;)

These bands give also special meaning to the multiplayer / 2 players controll good guys 2 controll aliens and 2 controll the gang ;)

before the mission maybe an airstrike could be called in? It would make a major sweap of the area and the we go in.

We should choose the spot where we land ( except for the rescue missions ).

Recruits should be rescued not givin for free. You win you get them you don't fight you have no new recruits.

maybe later in the game after ( gaining controll of nuclear/missile bases ) we could be able to soften up the enemy aircraft with missiles before we send in our boys

increase the amount of mission types!

different resolutions

more different alliens

if we make an autopsy ( how do you spell this ? ) not only do we gain the knowledge what we are fighting with but also our man know better how to kill so they become more deadly. Maybe a special training or something like that ( first ofcourse you need to capture a live alien !! )

new things to research maybe electric weapons more more more knowledge :blink:

Shooting while running is also a splendit idea.

Many many more good ideas appeared in this topic. Hope many of these things will be givin to us in the expansion. I also hope that patches and add-on's will constantly appear because Aftermach is nominated to once and for all kill the mith that no game can be better then the old x-com.

Ps. Sorry for the spelling

whit training and live aliens, do you mean that we put them on a row at the shoting range and fire at will? :blink: sry, couldnt resist. but now for the serious part: the more soldiers, the less control. if we have to many soldiers it become command and conquer stile: oh shit, my squad just blew up, yeah yeah, life moves on.

Well you wouldn't actually put anyone anywhere. This live alien would be just a prerequesite ;) Maybe you would just put them in a maze and the alien has his eyes or whatever he has covered so that he doesn't kill our guy by accident :)

That was just an idea :blink: Maybe you're right - a crapy one ;)

The amount of the soldiers wouldn't infact change. I would just change the fact that there are 2-3 squads. 14 active soldiers instead of just 7.

You would still value the lives of your man. Especially if you lost 2 whole squads but previously you had accomplished many recruit missions it wouldn't be just a minor loss, because these new recruits would totaly lack experience! And so in this particular moment the game would become far more difficult and next time you would watch over your men.

If you reached a certain ammount of troops like it is done now no new recruit missions appear.

I got a new idea. Each troop/soldier should be givin an opportunity to train but only in one direction. So that in the end we don't end up with a perfect medic sniper granadier and a rifleman all in one ( something like a one man army ). For example i decide that this guy will become a sniper and after this "first" training(choosing a speciality) i would receive new skills to be trained but all in the "sniper tree". Sneeking/standing still/precision/aiming/observation/stealth/speed/stress dealing bloody bla bla yakidy shmakidy etc...

Ofcourse some of the skills would still overlap because a training skill like speed would appear in almost every tree. But here again i have an idea. How about the skill of observation for a sniper would be different ( worse ) than the skill of observation for a scout proffesion.

Whats more a sniper would be able to use his observation super duper skills only while holding a weapon ( with a sniper scope ) (any weapon). So that in the end a scout would be a good observer without special tools and for example he would spott enemys very well while in move, while the sniper would need to be in a halt and he would also need a sniper scope on the weapon to make use of his obserevation skills. The sniper's observation skill would influence the snipers aiming abilities while the scout observation skill would influence his ability to spot enemys.

Aha and one more: previously i wrote that it would be nice to have something like cover fire ( firing mode while walking ). Well the idea is that not all wreapons would allow this. For example sniper riffles wouldn't.

Well maybe my ideas are too detailed. But something has to be done about these professions. The saying says "if somthing is good in everything then it's good in nothing". Lets keep this alive in the game ;) The current situation with the allknowing soldiers is absurd.

How about a mortar as for a new weapon? It could have a special function that after firing the second shot ( while it's deployed ) it's accuracy would drasticaly grow. If you stood up and moved you mortar ( from the deployed position ) you would have to give another 2 aiming shots. And let's make the mortar shells small 1x1 or maximum 2x1.

another idea ;) How about also coordinating air attacks. Imagine that there are 4 alien ships, we have worse crafts but we try to overwhelm them with numbers by attacking the ufo's with 2-3 squadrons at the same time, from different bases.

Stay tuned more ideas in the next episode :)

sorry for my mistakes

But as i remember it from my military service the mortar teams were all grunts, so perhaps strength and low intelligence could be required for mortar team members. And perhaps a high iq officer in charge of taking out targets and giving aiming directions.