UFO: A reviewed at PC IGN

Thorondor

I falled in loved a lot with UFOs in the past,they were one of the best games I have ever seen on pc and I am a bit disappointed to see that UFO AM have lost great part of the " feeling " that it had.

I have to play the demo before judging but I suggest to you to release a patch containing " personality patch and strong changing " ,otherwise I see dark future.

Please let us know,even because reading the whole review it seems that final vote should been around 46 instead of 75.

Boomer

Well, shouldn't the fact that the final vote was NOT 46 be a good sign? ;) What Dan does in the IGN review is to point out the parts of the game that disappointed him, but says that it's still a good game in many ways.

Anyway, as I said in your other thread, it plays fairly different from the X-Com games, but is in my opinion still a great game!

So what if the general public doesn't think this game is as top notch as we do. Does it matter? I mean, IGN gave Halo 9.7. I just played the PC version and found it to be pretty, yet pointless with badly designed cookie cutter levels. I mean, seriously, right from the get go it seems like they made one set of hallways and just cut and pasted them for 30 minnutes.

Aye, I played Halo for about half an hour at a friend's house... it looked colourful and graphically advanced (I only had my old PC's dated graphics to compare it with), but it didn't seem to be anything too special.

I could be wrong though, but I'm playing too many other games like AvP2 and Jedi Knight 2 on the PC and TimeSplitters2 on the PS2 to play anything merely because it looks fancy. Gotta either be humourous (TS2) or have a neatish story (AvP2, JK2) for me to get interested in a blasty-blasty game ;)

Woah... off topic or what?! ;)

Although UFO is based on X-Com, it was never meant to be a remake from the original. Ok, it lacks the management part and some other nice things, but still improves a lot of stuff like the RPG elements. I'm sure Altar will release some patches that corrects some minor problems and even add some new features, just like happen to Diablo 2 wich suffered from balance for almost an entire year. I'd love to play UFO turn based only... who knows? And Halo... well, apart from some new effects, the AI and smoth loading times it doesn't come any closer to Deus Ex, NOLF or Half-life. The game is 'ok' but doesn't deserve anything more them 8.0. IF Altar correct and improve some issues, UFO has a great potential to be the next X-om. And if they don't do that, some godly freaky mod maker will do that for us ;)

[]s

Dreams Wizard

• 2 weeks later...