30 replies to this topic

#21 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Well the same thing can be said about the amount of troops you can hire. There is limit of 99 I think but in order to reach the commander rank you need 100 or more.

The more silly your idea is that 5 annihilators will obliterate mothership in few seconds, and also they have unlimited fuel so you can "park" a pair of those in some places and you can act as a black knight: "None shall pass".
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 andiika_1

andiika_1

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

View Postsilencer_pl, on 08 October 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Well the same thing can be said about the amount of troops you can hire. There is limit of 99 I think but in order to reach the commander rank you need 100 or more.

The more silly your idea is that 5 annihilators will obliterate mothership in few seconds, and also they have unlimited fuel so you can "park" a pair of those in some places and you can act as a black knight: "None shall pass".

yes... you are right.

well I have park some of my ship inside some building, but it takes time to emerge and began shooting at alien ship.

but I'll try to park them over some building, maybe over temple of sirius in case any of their vehicle come out.

Can I ask you another question ? How to  increase annihilator's life into 1500 like this

Posted Image

#23 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

you need the apoc tool by jorias d (if i remember his name correctly)

#24 MarkDey

MarkDey

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

I stumbled upon this as I recently fired up X-Com Apocalypse again, and while some parts of the mod aren't for me, some parts I find rather interesting.

I especially like the change in the alien's strategic approach, starting with attack fleets, and then switching to infiltration.  How did you do that?

#25 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

Welcome to the forum, MarkDey!

I keep being amazed by how much work modders are willing to invest into makeing the game what they feel it should be.

#26 MarkDey

MarkDey

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostMarkDey, on 22 November 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

I stumbled upon this as I recently fired up X-Com Apocalypse again, and while some parts of the mod aren't for me, some parts I find rather interesting.

I especially like the change in the alien's strategic approach, starting with attack fleets, and then switching to infiltration.  How did you do that?

I've figured this out by playing with apatcher and apoc_d so don't worry about answering this.  I notice there aren't really other alternate maps that have been created.  I think that the five that exist with the game are ok, especially if you start mixing and matching them to suit the difficulty you want to play at.  I wonder if it's worth me creating another map since there are -none- that I've found elsewhere.

#27 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

heya....glad someone finally tried my mod !!

truth is i got discouraged by the lack of response and stopped working on it.

was just wondering which parts did u not like

#28 MarkDey

MarkDey

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

I actually haven't tried it in full yet, but one thing that I thought was a little too much for me was how armor would be destroyed.  I do like the idea about aliens attacking the city from day 1 though.  It seems like it would have an effect on limiting X-COM advancement as the score would be kept low due to city damage.  Attacking buildings with probes and scouts doesn't seem to work very well though, since the defenders of the building under attack can usually eliminate them.

However, this, among other things on this forum, has inspired me to start working on a new map.  With luck, I'll stay interested and will finish it within a month or so.

#29 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

ah...i actually liked how armor could get destroyed...u see, in the original game, the armour would be 100% intact but the trooper would be killed. now the armor has to go first before the trooper takes damage.

it actually increased trooper lifespan and makes the difference between marsec light armor and megapol heavy armor very obvious

for the probes and scouts...yeah i agree they usually get overwhelmed very fast :) however the biggest damage comes from organization alliances. something that the player cannot see from his screen, but alien attacks on government buildings will rapidly cause 2 factions to form. the pro-gov and the anti-gov.  with some corporations purposely neutral

wait till u enter the later weeks, thats when the fireworks really start between serious alien fighting pro-gov and pro-gov fighting anti-gov faction. the city WILL look like its in apocalypse

1 thing i have not 'balanced' yet is the market tho....

#30 daruperez

daruperez

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

I love your work, please continue working on the mod. Thanks to all

#31 Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua

So twisted, my laevo is on the right hand side

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Location:Peeking through your letterbox at night whilst molesting a roadkilled badger with a rusty fork tied to my cock

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Will seriously have to check this out. What is needed to run it? and is it compatible  w/ other mods?

One thing I noticed (regular game) that I hadn't before, is that hostile organizations can already make for a 3-way brawl. X-com fighting aliens fighting X-com and hostile building security forces whilst fighting (and looting) the organization security forces (not that the security teams stand up too well to X-com heavy weapons and psionics teams. Pissed off transtellar recently and after surveying the infiltration graphs, went to go clean out one of their buildings, but found the security teams firing at the squad sent to aid them, periodically hearing bursts of plasma discharge, autocannon fire, the odd grenade going off and heavy weapons fire accompanied by screams during the security team's turn in a turn-based game.

Also, any hints on what new items?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users