582 replies to this topic

#441 ElfKaa

ElfKaa

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

Oh, I am not sure if I understand well.. I have Save Equipment = 1.. Then It means that if I change to =0 then the error will not happen? Or did you fixed it right now and will be fixed in the next release? Or is it because of the saved game was saved with the mod Save Equipment =1 and this causing this error so it will have no effect if I will disable it for now?

#442 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostElfKaa, on 11 August 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Oh, I am not sure if I understand well.. I have Save Equipment = 1.. Then It means that if I change to =0 then the error will not happen? Or did you fixed it right now and will be fixed in the next release? Or is it because of the saved game was saved with the mod Save Equipment =1 and this causing this error so it will have no effect if I will disable it for now?
Disabling it before going to the final level will get around the problem.

#443 ElfKaa

ElfKaa

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

Well - it seems allright - the only thing to solve can be the holding two guns in one hand..

It can be done by clicking the ground button then place the gun back to the hand - then the gun will disappear but the man is still holding it (you can see it if you switch between soldiers and back). But this place is blank and you can put another weapon there.. Then if you remove the clip the game will also crash (but the problem is that it is possible to put the second gun to the same hand.
If you like to know the error message exactly even that, I have this (removed from small launcher a stun bomb)
at 0x4305BE error 0xC0000005 accessing 0x0052B411

#444 ElfKaa

ElfKaa

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Hmm, the other problems - for sure - I am using 1.32 the newest (no modded exe - I am now using the original executable and original setting of the latest INI for 1.32 - only disabled Save Equipment to =0 )

First: There is enormous number of Silacoids - they multiplying self - moving from the same place many silacoids..

There is the mentioned crash also in 1.32 (while Cryssalid kill a man - not always - but while it happens it will crash with the error:
XCOM crashed at 0x0 error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x00000000

I will send you PM with the link to the game that crashed.. There is man holding invisible gun (but he can shoot while reserved in the Alien Turn. I think he can see more than he should see also Posted Image look at it what Wolgang Keller can see Posted Image (Maybe it can also have some connection to the silacoid bug as if there are many in one place that he will see only one, but if they produce something like light-like visibility...??)

He is holding invisible Small Launcher - done by putting two guns in one hand - described more up - then thrown the first gun out off the hand..
Continue down around the wall - you will see the chrissalid - if he will kill you then maybe the game will crash like it happened to me..

#445 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostElfKaa, on 11 August 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

First: There is enormous number of Silacoids - they multiplying self - moving from the same place many silacoids..
There is the mentioned crash also in 1.32 (while Cryssalid kill a man - not always - but while it happens it will crash with the error:
XCOM crashed at 0x0 error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x00000000
I think he can see more than he should see also Posted Image look at it what Wolgang Keller can see Posted Image
The crash was caused by the changes to the zombification routine but only occur because you were playing at beginner level.  I fixed that.   All the celatids (not silacoids. Silacoids are the rock creatures.) are behaving exactly as their game description says they should: cloning themselves.  
The things that can be seen are as they are.  Neither Seb nor I have altered that code.  There are occasional oddities but nothing that concerns me.

#446 DkMirage

DkMirage

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Hi Tycho, many thxs for your awesome continued work.
On battlescape, among other, i higly appreciate Stun Fest and your 'fixes' regarding unconscious civilians.

If possible, could you please add in further versions option to stun xcom soldiers so you don't
have to shoot the guy with the rocket launcher when he's going berzerk and no medic available?
(...no sir, of course, i never have nor would shoot my own troops !)

#447 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostDkMirage, on 21 August 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

Hi Tycho, many thxs for your awesome continued work.
On battlescape, among other, i higly appreciate Stun Fest and your 'fixes' regarding unconscious civilians.

If possible, could you please add in further versions option to stun xcom soldiers so you don't
have to shoot the guy with the rocket launcher when he's going berzerk and no medic available?
(...no sir, of course, i never have nor would shoot my own troops !)

Thanks for supporting the Extender.  What you want is pretty easy to implement.  I just have to remove the line that excludes stunning someone of your own faction.  Will be available in the next release.

#448 DkMirage

DkMirage

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image .
When u have some time, please drop a few lines about current status of Extender, too. Looks like you are heavily into game balancing now. Are all main features implemented, or is there still anything on the list?

#449 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:59 PM

The main features of the next release will include:

* Playing all sounds through the BASS sound library, which allows implementing separate volume control for MP3 music and game sounds.
* Explosions occurring in quasi 3D for open spaces.  
* Explosions from projectiles that are fired into a ceiling will not occur on the level above.
* Stop soldiers from throwing grenades through ceilings without holes.
* Access to the melee attack of an MCed terrorist unit.
* Option for random terrorist units on alien ships or to give some races an additional type of terrorist.
* Fix for the celatid's attack, so it aims higher in the target's square and not at the ground.

Edited by Tycho, 18 November 2014 - 03:18 AM.

#450 DkMirage

DkMirage

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

As always, i am amazed. Some more feedback and suggestions:
i)  good work with Hot Grenades mod in 1.32.8.a  (both fixed TU and no picking up primed grenades!)
ii) possibility to win game early due to overwhelming success is cool but may annoy some people for the same reason as an early loss. May not be possible to implement but ingame prompting whether to go on or not would solve this issue once and for all. (You won/lost the game but war goes on...continue or resign?) Or, game goes on and just a message is displayed.
iii) i think, the added Heavy Laser alternative firing modes would befit the auto cannon quite well, too. For game balance perhaps in exchange for allowing AP ammunition only.
iv) any chance the random alien ship floor plans form XcomUtil make it into Extender ?

#451 Fraktal

Fraktal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

Tycho, I have a feature request. Would it be possible to implement an option that allows the player to reorder the list of crafts on the Launch Interception screen?

If manual reordering is not possible, how about an automatic sorting option that runs in the background whenever the player aquires a new craft? Option 0 does nothing as usual, option 1 sorts craft alphabetically, option 2 sorts craft by base (crafts in same base are sub-sorted alphabetically).

Also, is it possible to rename crafts?

Also also, how about an option that disables the "force Low Fuel - Returning to Base state after mission" feature? Few years ago, I remember that I almost lost a campaign because a terror mission popped up while my transport was returning to base after a mission and the game didn't let me redeploy until the transport landed and finished refueling, about 12 hours after the terror mission disappeared and I got the score penalty.

#452 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:01 AM

View Postamitakartok, on 27 September 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

Tycho, I have a feature request. Would it be possible to implement an option that allows the player to reorder the list of crafts on the Launch Interception screen?  If manual reordering is not possible, how about an automatic sorting option that runs in the background whenever the player aquires a new craft? Option 0 does nothing as usual, option 1 sorts craft alphabetically, option 2 sorts craft by base (crafts in same base are sub-sorted alphabetically).

Also, is it possible to rename crafts?
Manual reordering would be difficult to implement.  For now, I might be able to list crafts by base and then craft.  Or I might make it list crafts in reverse order so that skyrangers will be last.

You can't rename crafts. The database entries for soldiers have fields for the names. The database entries for craft do not.  The name is derived from the craft type and a counter.

#453 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostTycho, on 15 October 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

Manual reordering would be difficult to implement.  For now, I might be able to list crafts by base and then craft.  Or I might make it list crafts in reverse order so that skyrangers will be last.

I was able to implement a new sorting routine into the interception menu without much difficulty.  Aircraft will now be grouped by base and then listed in order of Avenger>Lightning>Firestorm>Interceptor>Skyranger. So the strongest fighter aircraft will be listed first.

update: added a second option for the interception screen that players can choose so craft will be grouped by base and then listed in alphabetical order.

Edited by Tycho, 23 October 2014 - 06:19 AM.

#454 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:27 AM

Still working on the latest version even though I've been busy.  

I finally have a decent fix for the "throwing grenades through a solid ceiling" exploit.  

I've also gotten the Alien Containment usage to match its ufopaedia description and only allow 10 aliens per unit (or 5 per unit for Genius/Superhuman).  There is still the max of only 50 aliens total but with the ability to remove unwanted aliens from containment, that shouldn't be a problem.

I've also put in some delays for aliens attacking bases.  Now there will be a longer pause between attacks depending upon game difficulty. (from 2~3 days up to  2~3 weeks).

I will hopefully have a test version released soon.

[update]

Without much problems, I think I have managed to make the Extender handle all three language settings for all the Extender's text.  Each entry in the [Text] section of the INI can have nothing, or a '_1' or '_2' suffix on the last term to denote the language option.

Edited by Tycho, 20 November 2014 - 06:55 AM.

#455 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

Version 1.33 (beta)
  • Option to use the BASS sound system to play all game sounds!
    • Separate volume control for sound and music:
    • New [Sounds] section in the INI.
    • Volume range is 0~100.
  • Celatid's spit attack targets the soldier, not the ground at the soldier's feet.
  • Players can now use the terrorists' melee attacks (if available).
  • Players can toggle right craft weapon on/off when using Cautious Attack by clicking the button again.
  • The order of planes on the interception launch menu is now arranged by base and aircraft.
    • =1 arranges planes by strongest fighter to transport
    • =2 lists craft alphabetically.
  • Many Extender texts can be set for multiple languages.
  • Alien Containment facilities have limited space as per the UFOpaedia description.
  • Changes to Ablative Armor based on players' feedback:
    • Armor points are not lost as fast as previous versions'.
    • Armor Piercing ammo still follows original game formula.
    • Small rocket now treated as an AP attack when Ablative armor enabled and the rocket hits a large creature. (The explosion will be smaller, as well.)
New Mods
Alternate Terrorist Mod
  • Set to adjust terror units for certain species or so that aliens will get random terrorists (for more variety in terror missions.)
    • =1  Sectoids and Floaters will have an additional type of terror unit.
    • =2  All terror units are randomly chosen (the types that are available are based on game duration. (so no chryssalids at the start.)
Stun Anyone
  • Set to allow soldiers to use the stun rod on other soldiers.

Attached Files

#456 ElfKaa

ElfKaa

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:52 AM

Hi Tycho,

many thanks for the 1.33 beta. It seems absolutely great! It works!! Works perfect at all! Also with my modded czech executable - first tested with the original CE version.. Thanks also to return back Hack section! and also for the huge update of readme with the explanations..

Right now I am testing it. So I can not give you the detailed result for now..

But - some notices that I would like to tell:
it was good idea to add the volume settings separate for the sound and music! Thumbs up!

But I have to switch of the Slower Scroll Speed=0 as it does not behave well.. I don´t understand why this setting is here, maybe on some other machines it does not work properly but I have good result with the zero. If set to 1 the scroll on speed 1 is fluent but very slow, and on other speed the scroll is not fluent.. I have this set to 0 and then I have set the speed to 2 and the scrolling is fluent with with very handy speed.
But I think someone else could have better result with the setting activated..

Also I have to switch Animations Speed=0 as this do some freaky boxes like effect around the man walking through the smokes.. But when I have it off it seems the animations of anything work normal - so I don´t see any difference between this 0 or 1 except the smoke issue..

What does mean this settings?
No Warning=41026211

And I didn´t noticed any difference between Graphic Glitches=1 and =0
I thought that it will fix the first screen line color dots after loaded game on e.g. "Build facilities" but it stayed intact. So - which certain screens will it fix?

The only bug I found is that If I will set Alien Puppy Melee and stun fest to =1 then I have instead of "Stun" (in czech "Omráčit") written "Attack" on any guns of my soldiers..

I will report you more if I will found any more.. But this patcher seems the most stable and most perfect of all! :) I didn´t noticed any crashes or freezes..

eLK

#457 ElfKaa

ElfKaa

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

Hi Tycho,

I really don´t understand how the bugfix section works.. I can use bugfix Apply=1 and then some bug fixes is applied - it is visible.. But I don´t know which ones and I would like to decide which ones to be switched on by myself and if I add something from the bug fix section it seems it does not change anything.. E.g. I would like to apply the new fix for the first screenline (I noticed you already fixed it as well in some screens - but still not all.. It is still lasting on "build facilities" but it is fixed on Load/Save Game screen), but I don´t wanna another fixes (or mods - like for example Base defense - new screen - manual firing)..

I really don´t like this Apply multiple fixes.. I know you told it is only for testing.. But can you also make the full version with the all possible option separate for playing? I would like to test you the new fixes but if I like to play I still have to use the old 1.31.9 version - which has many bugs not yet fixed and may cause crashes that this 1.33 does not.

1.33 seems really stable. I played the whole game up to end on Mars with the Alien Pets to be quicker and I had no crash. The only what I noticed that during playing the Terror mission I have heard the men dying after firing to the gas station. But there was no person, just aliens.. It happened twice, but maybe it may cause also that I was playing Alien Pets mod..

eLK

#458 Tycho

Tycho

Lieutenant

• Project Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

I've fixed the graphic glitches on all the screen now, including the build facilities screen.

I've also added an AutoSave option.  It will use slot 10 of saved games.  It saves at the start of each day.

Maximize Aliens has been changed to Battle Difficulty: You can set the difficulty of battles independently.  If not set, the game uses the difficulty that you chose on the main menu screen when starting a new game.  
The difficulty selection at the main menu screen will apply as the Geoscape difficulty, which sets various parameters on the Strategy Layer.  If one wants game play similar to the vanilla game, they should choose easy on the main menu and specify the Battle Difficulty in the INI.

Unless a major glitch is reported, this is the last full version that I am releasing.

The full version is available on ufopaedia.org

#459 blistr

blistr

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:52 PM

Hi Tycho,

Firstly, thank you for all your hard work with the extender. I only just came across it within the last week and must say it's very impressive.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or if it's something I'm doing wrong. When I assault a landed UFO I never seem to get any Elerium-115. I can see it when I look at the UFO power source and it shows up on the map too, yet when the mission ends I don't get any. Sometimes during the loadout screen before the mission starts it's on the floor of my Skyranger and I can add it to one of my soldiers, and even see it in their inventory during the mission, yet I still don't receive it at the missions end. Currently to get any I've been saving the game prior to ending my final turn,quit out of the game completely and reload it without using the extender, finish the mission, save when back in the Geoscape, quit out again and reload using the extender. Also, on two missions (both on small UFO's, once with the square one and once the x shaped one) my lead soldier didn't spawn in my Skyranger, instead spawning inside the UFO power source where the Elerium-115 should be. On both occasions I could look around the inside of the ship as my first move, yet wouldn't see any aliens until I moved the soldier off of the power source, though they would see me (and kill me) if I didn't move him.

I'm using the latest version of UFO Extender (1.33) on an unmodded version of Xcom Ufo Defense gold edition under Windows 8.1. I've tried using compatibility mode in every option available to see if that would fix it but to no avail. Just after signing up here, but prior to typing this, I tried the previous version of UFO extender (1.32.8a) and I was able to get the Elerium-115 at missions end.

Edit: I just noticed the 1.33beta link above and tried that with a save I have just prior to ending a landed UFO mission and I get the Elerium-115. The 1.33 version I downloaded from UFOpaedia.org wouldn't give me the Elerium though.

#460 Echelon117

Echelon117

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

Hi Tyco,

I'm currently trying to run UFO loader and coming up with an error of "Trying to patch the same place twice (0x004447ba, 0x004447ce)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users