Protecting the Future

silencer_pl

While team 1 demolished some corporate rubbish, team 2 tries not to demolish some luxurious apartments.

tacp_821.jpgtacp_822.jpg

We find them fast but they are behind some glass walls. We don't want to start trouble. I don't know if the game takes into account who does the damage.

tacp_823.jpg

Unfortunately aliens don't care what they destroy. A pooper blasts here but our shields stay strong. Also aliens do some crazy charging and dancing. We kill them because of that.

tacp_824.jpgtacp_825.jpg

tacp_826.jpg

There is only multiworm somewhere as I heard him somewhere. That is just egg nothing to see here.

tacp_827.jpg

There you are.

tacp_828.jpgtacp_829.jpg

tacp_830.jpg

I've checked again and Transtellar does not like Sensovision because the damage that was dealt reduced the return money cost for Transtellar...

Because it is almost new day we wait with further investigations and let some agents heal.

ufo2p_312.jpg

All right 3 new targets. And why it had to be Transtellar ?

ufo2p_313.jpg

You get the city-damage score, but the blame and PR adjustments go towards the company that does the damage. In the battlescape, all damage is your fault regardless of who does it. Wacky reasoning. ;)

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...

Firaxis XCOM is on the horizon so I need to speed up a bit. Why ? Here is why:

https://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120210043760/cnc/images/1/12/KaneRAQuotes.png

So we need to save future Earth so aliens in the past cannot win.

I don't like it but we will have to check that Transtellar space port. I think that space port was in demo? Anyway better have them hostile but human rather than hostile and brainsucked.

tacp_831.jpgtacp_832.jpg

Our first encounter with this creeper.

tacp_833.jpg

NKF sliced it and found Transtellar guard.

tacp_834.jpg

Upon entering this corridor Lyudimila quickly killed another brainsucker. Anthropod shot at NKF but with shields we just don't care that much.

tacp_835.jpg

More guards.

tacp_836.jpg

We rain death upon them.

tacp_837.jpg

More guards more death.

tacp_838.jpg

We follow the corridor where we found some aliens and we find some more. Too far for NKF Berserker charge. Better wait a bit. And one of them holds brainsucker launcher. Better be careful and keep our heads to the ground.

tacp_839.jpg

Unfortunately that civilian foribds Azrael to use his HE launcher, but Lyudimila manages to kill one of them.

tacp_840.jpg

Brainsuckers spawn but we feel safe. They will not target NKF and other two is perfectly safe being prone.

tacp_841.jpg

Some guard tries to flank us... really?

tacp_842.jpg

We take care of him and his buddy.

tacp_843.jpgtacp_844.jpg

Rest of the aliens lie dead...

tacp_845.jpg

Not really but I think he is the last.

tacp_847.jpg

Gimme that shield.

tacp_848.jpgtacp_849.jpg

Still not... oh well kill those brainsuckers.

tacp_846.jpg

Aha kill them...

tacp_850.jpgtacp_851.jpg

tacp_852.jpgtacp_853.jpg

Next stop Grav Ball League.

This should be fast mission. Since major infiltration unit was at Transtellar.

tacp_854.jpg

We find some eggs at the start. Better kill them - they are showing our position.

tacp_855.jpg

Soon we find real aliens.

tacp_856.jpg

They prefer to stick close and few brainsuckers try to do their stuff. But I am prepared for them.

tacp_857.jpg

This was quite fast. Few dead and they all panic.

tacp_858.jpgtacp_859.jpg

tacp_860.jpg

Next stop - Nutrivend shopping mall.

The Mall, not a very friendly place. We start next to some alien life forms.

tacp_861.jpg

Few explosions and few slashes. This place is also patrolled by Nutrivend guards since they are hostile towards us. It doesn't matter that we are saving them from brainsucking - they want us dead.

tacp_862.jpg

This last infiltration place contains only alien worms.

tacp_863.jpgtacp_865.jpg

Also if take a closer look at this store you can notice that it is selling rockets for our Rocket Launcher. Beats me if they are real or just toys it is funny.

There are the guards - kill them.

tacp_866.jpgtacp_867.jpg

tacp_868.jpg

We just waltz through them. Don't know what type of challenge they were suppose to mean.

tacp_869.jpg

SV finds some eggs - HE loaded and blasts them.

tacp_870.jpgtacp_871.jpg

tacp_872.jpg

In base our scientists discover what this pod is.

ufo2p_315.jpg

So they are asking for insurance money - well I don't have them. It is a bargain though because it would put as on Neutral status.

ufo2p_316.jpg

The day ends.

ufo2p_317.jpg

Our new scientific facilities are finished and we can start this new project. There is a problem though - due to being on bad terms with Transtellar our scientists from HQ must travel on foot to the other base. Problem is - there is no path (it is damaged). Therefore I either have to wait for it to be repaired or pay Transtellar reparation money.

ufo2p_318.jpgufo2p_319.jpg

Also we can use this bomb...

ufo2p_320.jpg

End of the week.

ufo2p_321.jpg

Unfortunately the path is still damaged. I could pay Transtellar but I prefer to buy another Hawk Air Warrior.

ufo2p_322.jpg

We can now produce the ultimate weapon of alien destruction... but we will not.

ufo2p_323.jpg

And we know how UFOs fly.

ufo2p_324.jpg

Because I don't have medium disruptor gun at second base we will have to go with this. Looks like I will have to pay Transtellar afterall.

ufo2p_325.jpg

Monday passes without any incrusion.

ufo2p_326.jpg

At the end of Tuesday UFOs appear.

ufo2p_327.jpg

Hmm only 3? Looks fishy.

ufo2p_328.jpg

We've spotted their drop off points.

ufo2p_329.jpgufo2p_330.jpg

Another busy night before us.

Team one arrives at the Bomber UFO.

tacp_873.jpg

They run as fast as they can to the entrance - there is no time we need to drive off those aliens.

Sgt. Strike and Thorndor storm in as first and spot 2 Skeletoids.

tacp_874.jpg

The first one is killed the second mind controlled - give me that shield and you can die.

tacp_875.jpg

Rest of the team enters and hides behind those 2 pillars. Next aliens start to show their faces.

tacp_876.jpg

They are even dumb enough to charge in. I don't have to say that they met sorry end.

tacp_877.jpg

Next turn is a shoot out between us and aliens.

tacp_878.jpg

NKF slips through and dives into the elevator preparing for slashing attack on next turn. We manage to take control of another alien.

tacp_879.jpg

More aliens come down.

tacp_880.jpg

Now it's time for NKF and his berserker charge.

tacp_881.jpgtacp_882.jpg

Aliens morale broken - that means it's just cleanup procedure.

tacp_883.jpg

We were lucky there - they couldn't jump in elevator.

tacp_884.jpg

UFO secured.

tacp_885.jpgtacp_886.jpg

Second team reaches second UFO. The third one got away.

tacp_887.jpg

Same tactic - we rush in. We are spotted on the entrance point but we still catch aliens off guard.

tacp_888.jpgtacp_892.jpg

A pretty nice shooting range here. Better watch out for those brainsuckers though.

tacp_893.jpgtacp_895.jpg

tacp_894.jpg

Those pesky critters...

tacp_896.jpg

There were also 4 poopers and poor Daniel had to survive blasts of all of them. If it weren't for that shield...

tacp_897.jpgtacp_898.jpg

We first arrive at Transtellar apartments. Yes it's Transtellar once more and we will have to piss them off more.

tacp_899.jpg

The game is sometimes strange - this Anthropod spawned in a room just right to our starting point... looks like I can never be to sure about landing spots.

tacp_900.jpg

Good thing we spot him first and are able to prepare in case of mad charge on our heads.

tacp_901.jpg

On northern corridor we find Transtellar guards. A shoot out occurs there that takes few turns - either side couldn't take advantage but we were on the winning side of attrition war.

tacp_902.jpgtacp_903.jpg

They killed one of their own and also there was a brainsucker there.

tacp_904.jpg

Other squad find multiworm and tries to kill it. I don't know how many more brainsuckers are there so better not bum rush.

tacp_905.jpg

A spitter was spotted on southern pathway - he was killed in a few rounds.

tacp_906.jpg

Multiworm flanked and hyperworms blasted with nades.

tacp_907.jpg

Finally we taken advantage on northern side.

tacp_908.jpg

Some Skeletoids there. Not able to kill them - we smoke them.

tacp_909.jpgtacp_910.jpg

Transtellar guards caught in a cross fire and mind controlled.

tacp_911.jpg

Though that is not it we search rest of the rooms for survivors.

tacp_912.jpgtacp_913.jpg

tacp_914.jpgtacp_915.jpg

Next drop off point is Psyke and we also aren't on good terms with them.

VGA at your best. Those were the times.

I've had a little problem with the next mission - the game kept hanging on aliens turn... don't know if there is a cure for it except being paranoid with saves. Eventually I did roll a safe throw natural twenty.

But before that. Thorondor you lazy bum... you've been out classed in killing record. Lyudmila gets the 4th medal with impressive kill count. (Why is there an Y after L - that doesn't sound Russian or even a perfect Slavic name... unless we are talking Bulgaria...)

tacp_917.jpg

Team is set to kill some Psykers and Aliens.

tacp_916.jpgtacp_918.jpg

Psykers are waiting for us. Their spotters see us and there soon be bloodbath - one sided I must add.

tacp_921.jpg

Some of them are using alien weapons and have shields.... how they acquire shields if I even don't sell them and I don't think that my research knowledge is open source.

We use them as meat shield

tacp_922.jpgtacp_923.jpg

After two more turns NKF flanks remaining Psykers and stabs them without any facial expression - because we all know that NKF don't have feelings.

tacp_924.jpg

I guess that easy part is over... now the aliens try to surprise us with those.

tacp_925.jpgtacp_926.jpg

Tough luck though.

Another one...

tacp_927.jpgtacp_928.jpg

Yey....

tacp_929.jpgtacp_930.jpg

Wintermist gets lucky with his dice roll and mind controls skeletoid which kills his buddy.

tacp_931.jpgtacp_932.jpg

Lyudmila gets +5 on kill count again....

tacp_933.jpg

One of the skeletoids had brainsuckers. SV decides that our heads ore more precious (having total facial reconstruction himself) than little equipment booty and throws a grenade.

tacp_934.jpg

There are more aliens that we know of because they keep shooting at me but with that cloacking field no way to spot them. Unless we get closer.

tacp_935.jpg

Bum rushing with everyone - they don't have a chance.

tacp_937.jpgtacp_938.jpg

tacp_939.jpg

That was the last of the initial infiltration squads - we wait a bit and check the readings. But meanwhile our scientists discover this clip.

ufo2p_331.jpg

This is not ultimate alien killer but let's you kill anything quite fast.

Our readings says that there is another infiltration squad in Psyke turf - checking the map - Psyke has another Slums just north of the last one. Sanctuary Clinic also reports some alien activity - that would be Hospital west of Transtellar appartments and Life Tree - that would be school south of the appartments.

We again pay visit to Psyke.

tacp_940.jpgtacp_941.jpg

This is very big map - two types of houses. My guess would be that in one will be aliens in other Psykers. First Psykers show their ugly hides.

tacp_942.jpg

And aliens too - so I was wrong. And by the way this is the last of slums building type you see here.

tacp_943.jpg

Who cares about damage - they are useless to us and besides - our heads are more precious.

tacp_944.jpg

Another alien.

tacp_945.jpg

Good thing I knew I should hit the floor.

tacp_946.jpg

NKF checks the scene were Psykers were seen - and I blew it with his TU's control - well he is carrying 2 shields so he will live.

tacp_948.jpg

More aliens - I wish I had those teleporters.

tacp_949.jpg

NKF survives with his second shield almost depleted - but he managed to kill 5 psykers without any sign of regret or happiness.

tacp_950.jpg

One of the psykers had primed grenade there which destroyed balcony dropping him one room below. NKF didn't have enough points to kill him so Karin had to finish him.

tacp_953.jpg

Next Thorondor kills one and chain explosion kills 2 more.

tacp_953.jpg

More MC to spot more aliens.

tacp_954.jpg

I don't know what happened but there were 2 Psykers who just died... How? Beats me - they had shields. NKF isn't picky and grabs one and searches for new targets.

tacp_955.jpg

It's new week so aliens had to have new toy.... of course this new toy is called Dimension Launcher - a very powerful Launcher that makes Blaster Launcher a child's toy. Grigory here gets very lucky because there were some bomeroids. Azrael lost only one shields because of the blast. The good thing is that in next week they will bring those lovely teleporters (I think).

tacp_956.jpgtacp_957.jpg

The culprit is caught.... and his buddy shot.

tacp_958.jpg

A second one appears out of nowhere.

tacp_959.jpg

NKF slices him but must face another explosion.... those shields save his butt once more.

tacp_960.jpg

There was one more alien there. So NKF rushed and slashed him too.

tacp_961.jpgtacp_962.jpg

Team 2 arrives at the hospital.

tacp_963.jpg

We find a skeletoid very near our deployment area and chase after him to the entrance point.

tacp_964.jpg

One of the squads spots more aliens.

tacp_965.jpg

Finally we catch this darn alien. The bad news is some minor structural damage was done. Hope Sanctuary Clinic will not be too mad about it.

tacp_966.jpgtacp_967.jpg

There is one more alien somewhere but we can't find him. After 10 more turns he finds us.

tacp_968.jpgtacp_969.jpg

tacp_970.jpg

Team 1 re-arms and heads back to school (to learn few things by the way).

We are back to school.

tacp_971.jpg

Suddenly a brainsucker heads our direction but someone killed him.

tacp_972.jpg

Two more brainsuckers in our path.

tacp_973.jpgtacp_974.jpg

Some alien eggs.

tacp_975.jpg

Some skeletoids.

tacp_976.jpg

And a multiworm.

tacp_977.jpg

That explosion was made but suicidal Anthropod... Sorry kids.

tacp_978.jpg

Better kill that one who is holding Dimension Launcher.

tacp_979.jpgtacp_980.jpg

And we once again are triumphant.

tacp_982.jpgtacp_983.jpg

A day comes to an end.

ufo2p_332.jpg

We get to know how they are controlling the UFOs.

ufo2p_334.jpg

And begin to work on this weapon. It will lead to ship shields and ultimate agent armour.

ufo2p_335.jpg

Later some scout ships are spotted.

ufo2p_336.jpgufo2p_337.jpg

That is very unusual. One of them drops infiltration squad into the Cults Temple and other again at Transtellar apartments (your lovely place to visit Thor). I guess they very like to infiltrate organizations that don't like us.

ufo2p_338.jpgufo2p_339.jpg

Teams are sent on their way. Team 1 arrives at Transtellar apartments - again.

tacp_984.jpgtacp_986.jpg

3 corridors three teams - just perfect - and by the way. Thorondor you lazy bum... even NKF out slashed you in killing spree.

tacp_985.jpg

Gently surveying the area a brainsucker appears.

tacp_987.jpg

Followed by multiworm.

tacp_988.jpgtacp_989.jpg

On the other side Transtellar guards. Some one of us shoot the civilians - probably SV as he didn't have problems with that few weeks past :P.

tacp_990.jpg

Transtellar guards also have no regrets for civilians - they fire Heavy Launcher at us without any remorse.

tacp_991.jpgtacp_992.jpg

We deal with that group and find another one waiting in the corner. A perfect position for cross fire.

tacp_993.jpgtacp_994.jpg

No way to run no way to hide - also no safe place for your mind.

tacp_995.jpgtacp_996.jpg

What the fuck are you doing with our women...

tacp_997.jpgtacp_998.jpg

tacp_999.jpg