Posted 07 November 2002 - 10:55 PM
For building, I like to build the Explorers for a couple of reasons:
- They look cool
- They're almost identical to Hawk Air warriors (Except the 3x2 equipment slots, argh! Still two small shields is plenty of protection with a bit of skillful flying.)
- They're the 3rd fastest ship in the game (Annihilators are Second, Dim. Probes are the fastest)
- They're small, so they can turn around very quickly, as compared with the retaliator or annihilator.
- They can arm one medium disrupter beam, and if anything can arm one of these babies, well, it can shoot down a battleship, and that's okay in my book. With enough of these, they go into the alien dimension and mop up the alien fleet every week until the Annihilators take over.
- Best of all, like all hybrid aircraft, no matter what you build, you'll always be getting the better deal. See, all hybrid aircraft sell at x2 their building cost, which never fluctuates, so when you sell the explorers when better ships arrive, you'll always gain more money than what you spent on building them.
I don't build very many retaliators. But if I do, they're specialised for carrying multiple plasma-multi-systems, alien rockets or maybe a few missile defense systems. Nothing special really. Mostly used for inter-city skirmishes to speed up those annoying gang air raids.
As for annihilators, the cream of the crop, once I've got a few and bolt on a few shields and disrupters, air superiority is mine. With two or more of these, I can start retiring my explorers.
NKF - finally built a gaming PC in 2020 (though not any of that RGB nonsense). Can now play games up to '89!