TFTD extender (alpha)

kyrub

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scale mouse feature should be fixed by the same corrections that apply to the fix for the screen ratio.

I'll look into the autosell and assign all personell issues after I finish my work on the tech tree impasse problems. Thanks for giving all that information, it'll help when I do get around to them.

The lack of a volume control in the game has been a long standing complaint since the games just pass the sound to the OS system to play. To implement such a system into a game that never accounted for it, is going to be beyond my meager skills in programming at this time.

If I can get the latest version (with aspect) then I would actually play it. That way I'd probably find a lot more bugs.

The PSX version of TFTD has hq ambiance tracks that go along with the music in the battlescape, 1 for islands 1 for port & ship and 1 for seafloor. Theres another ambience track that's mostly silent but I have no idea what it's for, maybe instalations n stuff. These ambient tracks are cd tracks and the music is in a mp3/wave format built into the games code/data somewhere. I'm considering recording the PSX music with an emulator. I can record/rip the music sepperatly from the ambience and upload them as sepperate files or record the combined battlescape music & ambiance as the game puts them together. These ambience tracks are actually pretty damn impressive BTW.

If TFTDExtender can play different ambience files in the different mission types in place of that *SHSKSKHHSKHSKH* and give the user the options (HQ PSX ambiance, annoying hiss, no ocean sound) that would be excelent. However if UFOExtender can't distinguish which to play on an island and which to play on a boat, then either the island would have a 'gurgling' beach with machinery sounds or the ocean liner would be hosting crickets. Worse would be if the ambience tracks can't be distinguished between surface vs aquatic. Imagine if a few noisy seagals found their way into an artifact site, soft waves break gently against untold horrors as crickets sing to the players coming doom at the hands that which lies in these dark unknown depths!

There's the option of having files for each possible combination (eg battlescape_Island.mp3, battlescape_ShipPort.mp3, battlescape_Seabed.mp3, battlescape_NoAmbience.mp3) or the ambience could be in sepperate files (eg battlescape.mp3, ShipPort_Ambience.mp3, Island_Ambience.mp3, SeaBed_Ambience.mp3). Of course the final option would be to just record the battlescape music from the loadout screen and forgo the ambience entirely.

BTW I'm just assuming that TFTDExtender trying to pull the music from a PSX ISO/disk directly isn't an option unless they're audio tracks. The music is higher quality just like UFO PSX but it's all in the data and designed to be read by a PAL playstation.