Jman Plays X-com: Extreme Edition

Jman4117

Indeed - I call for a vote of no confidence in our new leader. Unfortunately since it's an organisation based on military rules, this vote means nothing :clapping:

No respect? Voting?! Do you guys think this is DEMOCRACY?! DROP AND GIVE ME 50, BOTH!!!

Any further talk about such nonsense will result in a longish confinement in the alien containment facility, for the lack of alternative. See how you like a Muton for company!

JMan, please don't have me killed in the mission, I'm loving this. :P

EDIT: Ah, at least some support. Thank you Thorondors.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh man, boxing the commander, huh?! MUTINY! :) First battle line for Strike here! :blush:

Clones..."boxing" people...Is this BSGX-COM? The earth being invaded by aliens races from another planet...soon people will be saying that all this has happened before and will happen again. We're all being controlled by some outside force..and all this is just a game to him. (yeah, right!)

I am in control of my own destiny! (Wait...why am I in Berlin?)

:( YOU CALL THIS A GAME, SOLDIER?! Drop and give me 50!

Jman controls us... what nonsense. I thought they were sending us the best. :blush:

Ehm, Jman, please don't kill me in the next mission. :)

How many times has Jman done this scenario and what exactly was his controller doing in order for Jman to be on his 4117th clone?

post-575-1330149097_thumb.png

Our squad disembarks expecting a quick mission mopping the floor with snakemen. Suddenly....Son of a bitch! It's giant crab things! Jman takes a snap shot with his stun gun, then he fires off 12 rounds with his laser pistol...Holy shit! THEY'RE INVINCIBLE!

post-575-1330149102_thumb.png

BB fires a rocket at the other one...IT CONTINUES TO STAND!

post-575-1330149106_thumb.png post-575-1330149111_thumb.png

Pete saves the day with 3 bursts of plasma autofire. Both aliens drop to the ground...dead.

post-575-1330149115_thumb.png

Tycho steps down the ramp. A snakeman is spotted aproaching our LZ. He opens up, killing it.

post-575-1330149120_thumb.png post-575-1330149124_thumb.png post-575-1330149129_thumb.png

Another crab thing and 2 more snakemen fall as they aproach the LZ trying to force us out of Berlin!

post-575-1330149132_thumb.png post-575-1330149137_thumb.png post-575-1330149141_thumb.png

Pete spots an alien in the park. He radios back to Jman for him to fire on it. A single laser pistol shot hits and drops the alien to the ground. East of the LZ, Thor spots another crab thing and kills it in his opening shot!

post-575-1330149146_thumb.png

Another snakeman comes into Thor's view. He quickly drops it, his 4th shot connects and kills.

post-575-1330149151_thumb.png post-575-1330149155_thumb.png

Thorondor spots another crab thing running out from behind that building.. Everyone with a line of fire opens up on it. Nothing, not even a large rocket kills this thing! It then runs back behind the building and a horrific scream echoes throughout the area...it sounds human. Whatever this little monster did...I do NOT want to see when we go around that corner..

post-575-1330149159_thumb.png

Klaus moves to examine the corpse of one of the aliens at the LZ. Seems to be heavily armored and has some green goo coming out of it. And in that goo, some crap that looks like eggs..

post-575-1330149164_thumb.png post-575-1330149168_thumb.png

Another alien is spotted by Thorondor. Tycho moves to take the shot and kills it!

post-575-1330149172_thumb.png

A pair of those crab bastards come back out into the open. One of them is dropped with reaction fire from Tycho. One of his stray shots somehow hits a snakeman in the distance and kills it as well. The second crab is dropped by Thorondor.

post-575-1330149176_thumb.png

Meanwhile, Pete spots yet another of those crabs in the building next to the assault craft. We keep everyone near the ship in fear of this thing after that scream we hear earlier. These bastards are fast as hell and we definately don't want to get in close with one!

post-575-1330149181_thumb.png

Oh...My....%&@#ing...God....That thing can't be human.....Something vaguely human walks out from behind the building then retreats.

post-575-1330149185_thumb.png post-575-1330149189_thumb.png post-575-1330149203_thumb.png

Klaus moves out to see if he can spot more aliens. An alien in a park fires off a plasma pistol at him and hits him in the arm. He returns fire and drops the alien. MEDIC!

post-575-1330149208_thumb.png post-575-1330149214_thumb.png

One of the snakemen that was taken down earlier is back up and moving around. Jman draws down on him with his laser pistol and makes sure he doesn't get back up again...

post-575-1330149218_thumb.png

Klaus finds Tycho and gets that arm treated. This is gonna be a long time in the infirmary if he makes it through this..

post-575-1330149223_thumb.png post-575-1330149227_thumb.png

BB fires off a rocket at that human alien thing...nothing happens....Multiple laser blasts do nothing....Thorondor fires off a burst of plasma...God damn it! One of those crab things bursts from the chest of that thing!

I'm surprised how much punishment these chryssalids are taking. The game hasn't accidentally switched to superhuman, has it?

On a lighter note, I've always thought they'd make great models for toothpaste ads. They just need a glint off their teeth and a 'ting' noise.

- NKF

I'm surprised how much punishment these chryssalids are taking. The game hasn't accidentally switched to superhuman, has it?

On a lighter note, I've always thought they'd make great models for toothpaste ads. They just need a glint off their teeth and a 'ting' noise.

- NKF

It's on superhuman right now. I've never seen these things take so much to kill. Maybe it's just the pistols being weaker than other weapons that I'm used to.

sooo... you just buy a new soldier and name it space voyager again when the old one dies?

yep!

sooo... you just buy a new soldier and name it space voyager again when the old one dies?

It's the only sensible thing to do with a campaign this crazy (pistols against Chrysalids?!). I know there are 6,000+ members on the forums, but I feel we'd have got through the A's already and at least be into the B's :blush:

It's on superhuman right now. I've never seen these things take so much to kill. Maybe it's just the pistols being weaker than other weapons that I'm used to.

Given you're on superhuman, I'd say yes that is perfectly normal. They can sometimes take a large rocket to the face and still hobble away. Their offspring though should be easier. Not that you want any to appear! :blush:

- NKF