A Quick Visual

I don't think we've had any PC screenshots yet, have we?

I guess the idea with the button is that you choose where the scan'll be performed. Which sounds silly. Can't think of any justification for it, unless you have to pay on a per-scan basis. If there's no cost, wouldn't it be expected that you'd have someone doing scans for you all the times?

The entire "scan by sattelite" concept is bad in my opinion. Like someone else mentioned, the last thing X-Com has while dealing with aliens is air-superiority. This isn't streamlining, its just a silly idea. I wish they would re-consider.

More screens:

https://i.minus.com/ibZBEtRkSzrS5.jpg

https://i.minus.com/ibcr8Qvf4l6A0g.jpg

https://i.haymarket.net.au/Galleries/201201..._ShotHUD_03.jpg

Some things i noticed.. The "squareboxes" over the aliens and soldiers? That's the HP. Notice how the Daniel Taylor guy has 6/6 HP? He is the same guy featured in the first screenshot with 6 boxes above him.

PS: changed the screenies to URL because i have no idea how to make thumbnails here, and they are huge =)

About the UI, one of the moderators in the 2K forums confirmed to me that it will indeed be based off of the DA:O UI, in the sense that both the PC and consoles will have the same UI graphic-wise, but the PC one will have added functionalities.

So no "Press Y to do this" or "LB/RB to do that" on PC version.

And an updated screenshot:

https://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7147/1325804242985.jpg

Hahha no not really.. but i'm surprised nobody called for that hairstyle yet.

About the UI, one of the moderators in the 2K forums confirmed to me that it will indeed be based off of the DA:O UI, in the sense that both the PC and consoles will have the same UI graphic-wise, but the PC one will have added functionalities.

So no "Press Y to do this" or "LB/RB to do that" on PC version.

And an updated screenshot:

https://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7147/1325804242985.jpg

Hahha no not really.. but i'm surprised nobody called for that hairstyle yet.

LMFAO - that picture made me chortle! :)

LMFAO - that picture made me chortle! :(

ROFL They need to have that hairdo available! :)

We had these yet?

www.destructoid.com/new-xcom-enemy-unknown-images-emerge-219558.phtml

Yeah, they're on the newest thread on the News section. There's also a 4th one available here of fighting with Mutons at a gas station.

In fact if the aliens aren't too hot on human physiology and they only roughly know what a head is, then having big hear could increase your chances of survival if they mistakenly aim for it.

Big hair could save your life when the invasion comes.

In fact if the aliens aren't too hot on human physiology and they only roughly know what a head is, then having big hear could increase your chances of survival if they mistakenly aim for it.

Aha! Yes, the hair should be a perk!

Why stop at hair? They could just helmets with horns like vikings or whatever add-ons you'd like to put on them. :(

Scare Tactics: Human Hair Superiority doctrine. :)

'Peace through superior hairdos" hehehehe

Seems the Sectoids are really feeling the weight of their heads this time around. :)

I'm kinda worried the guy only has 61% to-hit against one of the aliens so close. Maybe it's because of the target's cover? Or maybe the LMG has some kind of ingrained auto shot?

I hope they don't make me miss shot variety: I know the move-action system changes things, but there IS still room for two shot types: aimed and auto. Auto was generally the desperate answer in close quarters, when you weren't sure a single shot would take the enemy down.

Or maybe the LMG has some kind of ingrained auto shot?

LMG's typically don't have fire selectors, they're fully automatic and that's yer lot. Can reduce to-hit chance, then, and also looks like it reduces the critical hit chance, as you're hosing a target down rather than aiming for the head/heart/etc.

I'm wondering about the colour of the LMG, and how the forward quarter (barrel and foregrip) is a different colour. Ammo indicator? Heat indicator?

'Peace through superior hairdos" hehehehe

I seem to remember Guile did fight in a war...

I meant gameplay-wise. The "Shot" might be a single attack that either hits or misses, independently of whether the animation shows several rounds being fired. Or it might be something closer to the old games, and entail a handful of mechanically different shots, all with the same but separate to-hit. Meaning the target could get hit multiple times with a single attack, obviously.