Random junk found online

Azrael Strife

I agree with the article, though I also believe it is extremely hard to actually think outside our limitations. Even the most scientific of TV channels and shows that have shown their visions of alien life use the same building blocks we see around ourselves. Which is both reasonable and not. When life will be answering to similar problems as we had to overcome on Earth, it will most likely develop in similar ways. And we have PLENTY on this planet. But change one thing in the environment (think gravity) and the solutions may need to be completely different.

I always get a kick out of videos like this. People trying to understand things by extending our ideas to create a theory. In the end it all falls apart.

Let's just take the example of us looking for alien life by searching for planets with CFCs. What's to say alien life needs CFCs? Maybe they use other chemicals instead. Not only that, but the information we gather about planets from other systems is old. Because the distances between us and a target may be many light years, that means that info is that many years old. 100 light years away means we are seeing information from 100 years ago. A lot can happen in 100 years. Would aliens be trying to contact us? If they don't have interstellar travel or the means to utilize wormholes, they are stuck looking at us in much the same way. If they are 100 light years away, they are seeing stuff happening in 1917 like WW1. At that time radio was in it's infancy. ;)

- Zombie

Hehe, did you see the state flags for Texas and Wisconsin in the video? Texas was ok with the only problem being the nonexistent star, whereas Wisconsin was a piece of cheese!?! At least they got the background color correct. :P

- Zombie