No Survivors

BladeFireLight

Yup, more aliens spawn on the higher difficulty levels and there is a higher probability that the extra aliens will not be killed. There are only so many spawn points within a USO all with a low spawn point probability. This means aliens have a greater chance of showing up on the map somewhere and not inside the crashed USO. :D

Compare this to Enemy Unknown where the spawn probabilities are very high inside the smaller UFO's and the map sizes are smaller. It's a miracle the auto-win mission doesn't happen more often with the crashed medium scout... :)

- Zombie

• 3 years later...

I have not got this message yet. I usually capture alien craft when they are landed/touched down. Of course I do crash recoveries too. Maybe this rarity is due to the PSX versions.

Actualy I looked at the data files. there was one gill man who had plenty of health. somthing is not right.
Once I found a faint muton on a crash site in EU. It seems they may faint by craft engine explosions as well as they do when they are shot.

Engineers are usually placed in the engine rooms of alien craft, no wonder engineers are rare on crash sites.

Just yesterday I recovered a Large Scout without a scratch on a crash site (EU). It seems such can happen very rarely. I wonder when I am going to recover a Battleship without a scratch in TFTD.