Manned Interceptors/Attack subs = Cheese?

XCom42

I think it depends on how many soldiers, and how much equipment you can put in. If its only 2-4 soldiers, enough space to equip them, then its not very good because they will just die. But if its like a transport and holds 10-14 people with equipment, then I'd say, is a really good mod.

One question, did they make up new graphics that will appear in the battle instead of the transport?

I've only been playing TFTD so far, and the attack subs just look like smaller versions of the Triton troop carrier. It can hold up to 6 soldiers. I've been using it so far, and I Love it! For some reason, smaller units seem to work better for me. I usually have 3 Gauss Riflers, 2 with Gas Cannons, and a Torpedo Launcher with a gauss pistol go out to mop up downed subs. It's been working well so far - I think I like the flexibility of a smaller team.

You still need to use the Triton on Terror Missions and Shipping Lane attacks though.

The other cool feature to this mod is that you can equip your Skyranger/Triton with one weapon system.

I use the interceptor in UFO all the time. 6 guys is usually adequet against any of the smaller ships. The major plus is that they are much better equiped than the 14 and 26 man squads. The 10 man firestorm is also very nice. It's basically a lightning that can carry a tank. :)

• 1 month later...