TFTD Multiplayer Story

Grossbeer

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job on the mission. Netting the deep one and it corpse will really help. I sometimes end up abandoning the first terror site just to haul the Deep One back to base if things aren't going to well.

On a side note, anyone wonder what's in those crates marked X-COM and MPS (Microprose) at port terror missions? Merchandise? Software? Sci-fi Movie 'props'? Paperweights made of Sectoid eyeballs or Snakemen teeth braces encased in acrylic? Imagination's the limit.

-NKF

Indeed, that went really well. ;) Leaving the large USOs alone in the air was also the right choice; terror ships in particular can be very aggressive and will sometimes refuse to allow an Interceptor to disengage (charging right up close to the X-COM craft and tackling it at point blank range). Even with Sonic Oscillators success is not guaranteed, and we'd want to at least have those before assaulting the big guys with our one and only attack sub.

On the other hand, it's worth sending the Triton after alien subs anyway. That way, if they land, you can easily catch them before they take off again (assuming they don't land under cover of night, in which case you might just allow the Triton to go home instead).

Depending on game versions, we may or may not need to keep an extra deep one corpse in stock. We should be able to turf them all safely once plastic research is initiated. Now might be a good time to start making some gauss weapons, and divert research towards trooper armour and medkits.

Ok, I finished the tactical mission, but since it's 1 am over here I'll post it after I have some sleep and time to post (expect an update in around 10 hours). ;) if you guys are eager to play I can upload the save before then, though. Let me know if that is the case.

One thing, since the month rolled over we have some loads of money, for now I hired a few scientists and engineers for a bit of a boost and quarters for more personnel but nothing else, so that the next one can add some more structures too.

Good work CP, we got a live one here ;) Good luck with the mission! (speaking retroactively of course) Do we really need people to post between doubles in that thread as I never knew it was even a function of these forums. I think we can double post anyway can't we?

Ah no I see... Just tried double posting and it adds it to the end of this post. Will break it for you now CP and delete it later.

The tank seemed to do better with you than it did with me

I usually use it as a spotter and when I spot an alien I pull it back in order to protect it (just like the aliens move). I admit that I was lucky though, since some of those rifle shots could have damaged it more.

I guess I did have to use it a bit more than I was comfortable with as I had so few troopers ;) It was still very unlucky with me though as it killed one alien then missed the second one twice ;) If the one it missed had only returned fire it may have survived but it stood no chance against a nade ;)

Incidentally, I've enabled uploading for all members in the UFO/TFTD sections for now. You need to go into full edit mode to access the uploader panel ("Add Reply" rather then "Fast Reply"). When using the "Manage Attachments" drop down menu, the icon with the green plus on it adds a BBcode tag referring to the file in concern, allowing you to position uploaded images exactly where you want them within your post.

Gj Crazy! Things look swell :-)

ive got a little problem tho: i cant seem to load the save u attached. as soon as i coose the game i get a blackscreen and out of the game.

anyone else tried Crazys Photons save?

i had no problems with the saves from the others... weired

greez

this is really weired... i ried all saves from all commanders once again, and itr seems after Bomb blokes save none work for me... i do have the latest version tho the uso fix (i guess ure referring to the uso swap small and very small) i don thave... strange thing. what versions do u have BB?

i use dosbox if thats any ionformation.

ill try to reinstall with all the fixes and try again

greez

v2.0 and v2.1 games are compatible since they only differ by one fix, and that is the MC Reader availability bug. Playing with an out of the box v1.0 copy however could have unpredictable results on the research tree if we try to mix it in with v2.0/v2.1, so I would highly recommend at least getting the v2.0 patch minimum.

One thing I might recommend, and what I should do as well, is take a copy of the entire TFTD directory and store a backup copy. So if your current game gets munged and isn't loading the games right, it'll be simple enough to do a quick restore of a 'fresh' copy of the game by deleting the game and copying the backup.

- NKF