Help me im "stuck"

MitsuMishi

Actually, missile defenses aren't that expensive, if you don't keep them too long by researching out the laser tree. Also, you will save a little money by building laser tanks, and laser cannons. Laser defense are better than missile, and a little more time/money prohibitive, but worth it if you are playing on higher levels, and need to defend your base early on.

Base defences have their uses, but I agree it's better to invest in them later on if you do plan to use them when you get the more advanced modules. This is mainly to minimize the amount of base slots needed to get enough firepower to knock down the battleships. Otherwise you're looking at dozens of missile modules, and each attack sequence can take forever (but boy is it fun the first few times!) . If you do replace them later, and don't recycle the dirt, you're looking at paying a lot of extra rent for that base.

The key thing to remember with base defence modules is that they won't stop the attack, they just prolong it. I would use them as a means of holding the battleship back long enough if you need to reorganize the layout of the base or you've suffered recent major losses that you need some time to buy new troops and equipment before you take on the attackers. Stuff like that.

The mind shield on the other hand is nearly as valuable as the hyperwave decoder. Like the other defense modules, it won't stop the attacks but it cuts down the chances of the retaliation scouts finding the base.

In the late game, invest in some fusion hovertanks. Say 2 - 3 a base. The 'free ammo' glitch makes them extremely useful for wiping out aliens in the hangars within the first few turns. Works with rocket tanks too, but they can't handle cyberdiscs or sectopods very well.

- NKF

Thanks!

And how can i know if the retaliaton scout found my base?

Just because there was a retaliaton scout in Europe and i started to shoot it down.It started to run away and flew near my base( i didnt wanted to shoot it down there because i heard that they can find me if i shoot it down near the base.)

Thanks!

Just because there was a retaliaton scout in Europe and i started to shoot it down.It started to run away and flew near my base( i didnt wanted to shoot it down there because i heard that they can find me if i shoot it down near the base.)

Seems to me as if they eventually find you one way or another... just be prepared, have at least one tank at the base and enough soldiers to deal with it and a good base layout to fight them off.

Base defense missions are the most fun for me, so I welcome the attack, unless its etherals, then I pull the welcome doormat away, but those assholes can't take a hint :(

Different people have different styles. I personally use the missile defenses as a starting point for base defense. However, I only usually have them with the first base. By the time I get my second base up and running, I usually have laser defenses researched, and starting to build at the first base. Sometimes I have plasma defenses as well. I use, personally, laser tanks, to start with, so I don't have to pay "rent" on the others. I then build plasma HT's, and they take over, as I phase out the laser ones. Oh, some of my other bases retain the lasers, as well.

I usually replace, on interceptors, the cannons with lasers. They are nice, and don't need to have ammo for them. The same for plasma beams.

... Wait for the incoming battleship?

XBases.dat seems to be the relevant save file, but it's not perfectly documented. However, by to see if it contains any "valid" entries, you can tell if the aliens know the location of at least one of your bases.