Aquatoids

Loonie

Hey all. I've started a new Superhuman game of TFTD and as I was going through the first month I noticed that all USO ground encounters were with Gillmen.

I took the liberty of rigourisly testing this thing by restarting from the beginning about 20 times. Half of them were Aquatoids, the other half Gillmen. :dontgetit:

Also I've noticed that in EVERY one occasion the terror site is ALWAYS a Gillman one (I have encountered only ONE Aquatoid terror site in all of my years of playing TFTD, which is to say the least very strange).

What gives that the Gillmen show up so early in the game and is there a way to increase Aquatoid presence from the beggining of the game? :dontgetit:

I'd say it's more of a coincidence that you are getting so much Gillmen. I've started a new game yesterday and during the first month I only found Aquatoids....I think it's pretty much like UFO where you can either find Sectoids or Floaters at the beginning.

Listen to Hobbes! It's a conincidence for crying out loud! :P

I always start my games with aquatoids but so what? Aquatoids and gillmen are the weakest aliens in the game and therefore appear at the same time. That's all there is to it. As for terror sites. I had an aquatoid calcinite shipping route once. I don't think I ever saw a calcinite after that... Because I shot them down first! :)

Listen to Hobbes! It's a conincidence for crying out loud! :)

20 times in a row!?!?!

And I modded my TFTD so that you can believe me that it makes quite a LOT of difference in who appears at the beginning. :)

But anyways I can see no one really would know the answer to this so...might as well close the topic. :P

Calcinites and Deep-Ones appear in 'mixed' crew land missions. So if all the coincidences build up to a point where you cannot get a calcinite or deep-one, you'll still get them, albeit a bit later in the game.

- NKF