What if?

BladeFireLight

What if after you research the Alien cloning and Alein learning arrays. you could clone dead units after battle?

I could do this by detecting if you have done the research and then choosing one dead solier at random (or by evaluating the skills for the best unit) and giving them back 1 health point. So right after combat befor the results screen you would be told (asked) to Clone the chosen unit.. then you would have to wait the healing cycle for this to happen..

I have not looked at the UFO tech tree but I could do the same with it's equivalent tech.

Any one have any comments on this idea?

-Blade FireLight

I'd probably not charge cash. It's not that much of a deterrent. Now a staggering amount of Zrbite would be a good one.

Other ideas would be to make the cloning units one-time-use units. Each 'use' of the gizmo could also have a difficulty rating based on the current difficulty level. (100 - (10 x difficulty level)). Succeeding would mean cloning the unit, failure could have any number of effects.

- NKF

Well, I suppose you could incorporate Spaceman's idea where the maddened clone goes about and kills a few soldiers.

Instead of destroying a module, how about increasing the 'days' to completion of a random module (or maybe one of the labs would be best)? This could take the effect of the mad clone damaging a module and the increase in build time would be the number of days required to repair it. Of course, it would be odd, because the game would keep saying that a new module has been built.

Doing this won't truncate the base as that can only happen if a module is actually destroyed in combat. You won't lose any inventory or soldiers by doing this (since data-wise, the inventory and soldiers aren't really assigned to these base modules, right?).

The only downside of this is if the base get attacked while the damaged module is still under 'repairs'. This would cut off sections of the base for some base layouts.

- NKF

I have had some interesting posibilitys sent to me as how to attach an expence:

. charging elerium (this maks sence as you ahve to power the alien tech to work this wonder)

. Paying the full cost upfront. with this you have to choose who to make a genetic image and mental(stat) sample befor the combat starts.. if they dont die you get nothing in return.

. having a posibility the the clone goes crazy and kills off some scientits. and posible the security forces that stop him. (you loose aditional men.) pluss having to repair the equipment (more $$)

. the clone start out wouned (he has to be grown from the sample)

. It takes scientist to run the equipment and engineers to keep it working (add more time to current scientest and enginering projects)

Any other sugestions?

-Blade FireLight

One idea would be that you cannot create a perfect clone. Say, you might lose a few points off of some of your physical attributes, like strength, or health. Don't change the base attribute, just the improvements. Just enough to bring the clone back up to speed after a few missions or so.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...