Interesting articles

You know, the guy in that video initially made it sound like UFO: Enemy Unknown being cancelled was a new piece of incredible information found out only 20 years later. If you watched to the end where he told Jake Solomon about it he fessed up and said 4 years ago. I'm not sure if that 4 year mark is even accurate though, I seem to recall reading that in an interview many years ago. So yeah, not news to me.

However, what piqued my interest the most was the picture of "Wild Bill" Stealey. In it you can see him wearing a flight suit with some patches on it, one being round with blue lettering. A while ago I purchased that bulk lot of X-COM memorabilia from Quentin and in it was a round patch of similar size except the lettering is in red and says "Microprose Software INC. The action is simulated the excitement is real!". His description was that it was a patch off of "Wild Bill's" flight suit. It has Velcro on the back of it and is a little bit frayed in spots indicating wear (I picked up a pristine patch off ebay recently and it doesn't have velcro on it - just an iron-on coating). Long story short, my patch was probably actually worn by Bill Stealey himself which is incredible. thumbsup.gif

- Zombie

When I saw "Wild Bill" Stealey in the footage your special acquisition came to mind, Zombie.

That information about X-COM: UFO Defense isn't exactly a scoop at this point, true. Still, the Eurogamer video already did serve a great purpose by indirectly helping to confirm the legitimacy of the item. cool.png