New X-COM Hack

hatfarm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hatfarm

Hello

Would you kindly add possibility to choose specified research from list instead just "Make ALL research available"?

Thought its help alot if any of us stuck with research bug deadend.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna implement that in the next part too, but I'm trying to think of how to lay it out and everything. It'll come in nicely, since I'll be loading the strings from the game in anyway. It'll be a while though.

Are you talking switching back and forth, or completely importing one into the other? The switching I think can be done, probably no problem, though we'd probably have to edit the palettes and such, but the complete importing would be very difficult. If I could figure that out, I'd definitely implement it. Either way, this gives me a goal, and I'll get cracking on it.

Sorry, I wasn't too clear on this - I indeed mean switching (or replacing) aliens from one game with those from the other. Adding races in addition to the ones already present would be a huge task by comparison, and would involve editing the actual code logic (as opposed to just replacing bits of data that are to be processed by said code, which is what I was thinking).

• 4 months later...
Just to let everyone know, I am going to be releasing a new beta pretty soon. It's not much of a change, but it'll fix a couple bugs I've found and SHOULD have a smaller executable. Whether or not that actually happens, we'll see, but I think it should as I'm removing a lot of strings that have been hardcoded. I've finally gotten around to loading them from the game directory, I just have to go through and point to the location of each string, which is tedious. I'll have a string editor available as well. I was hoping to have a terrain editor available for tactical saves, but it's not proving to be as easy as I thought, so I can't guarantee that'll happen. The new beta should be available some time this week.

Hi hatfarm,

I like your editor. I think it's awesome. I have the older version, 2.5, and the new one, 3.1. I like the ability to edit both EU and TFTD, but I think that what is missing in the 3.1 is the ability to either kill or stun all enemies in tactical saves. Not a complaint, just something I liked, and wish would be carried on. Unless this is something that can't be carried on. What I would like to really see for a tactical editor, in yours, is rather than all enemies, more like a list of which ones you want to stun, and which ones you want to kill.

Hello Sgt. Strike,

The ability to stun and kill ALL aliens is available, if you load a tactical save, there are two buttons, one says kill all aliens and one says stun all aliens. Either of these buttons will do the trick. However, that is genius to have just a single kill/stun button for any alien you want. I'll work on that for you, possibly getting it into the next iteration (no guarantees though). Thanks for the recommendation, let me know if you have any more ideas or questions. Thanks!

Hi hatfarm,

I like your editor. I think it's awesome. I have the older version, 2.5, and the new one, 3.1. I like the ability to edit both EU and TFTD, but I think that what is missing in the 3.1 is the ability to either kill or stun all enemies in tactical saves. Not a complaint, just something I liked, and wish would be carried on. Unless this is something that can't be carried on. What I would like to really see for a tactical editor, in yours, is rather than all enemies, more like a list of which ones you want to stun, and which ones you want to kill.

Hehe, I understand that this is only really used for testing, but it would be like a "God games" version of X-COM :( You could play as the X-COM commander with the powers of a deity :(