Bargain!

FullAuto

1cW40-slider.jpg

::

1C titles are now on sale over at GamersGate.

Some pretty amazing deals over there. 7.62 High Calibre, Brigade E5, UFO:Aftershock and UFO:Aftermath to name a few. UFO:Afterlight still isn't on Gamers Gate. Speaking of such, I assume the reason is because the publisher isn't 1C. Here's a question for you Thorondoropedia: why did the UFO:After* series switch publishers for Afterlight? Always wondered that. :)

- Zombie

Stardock bundle is insane, too! You can get Ashes of singularity... If there was any chance I'd play, I'd be cheritable now.

But seeing all the games arriving, I might buy Battlefront 2 and Frozen Synapse 2 at some point. No time for more, sadly, and even for those two I'll have to curb my current addictions.

@Zombie:

Here's a question for you Thorondoropedia: why did the UFO:After* series switch publishers for Afterlight? Always wondered that. smile.png

As I recall it had to do with the fact that the original ALTAR Interactive later became ALTAR Games, and an integral part of IDEA Games - an association of sorts (stands for Independent DEvelopers Association), formed in 2005 for purported mutual benefit of the associated 3 parties - the two others being Black Element Software and Bohemia Interactive (a development studio and also a publisher), the latter of which ended up fully acquiring ALTAR by the end of 2010. Hence, and in short, it's why you see Bohemia Interactive listed as publishers in digital storefronts today, no doubt due to licensing affairs. But it's not quite so straightforward as all that and some additional explanation is in order.

ALTAR actually had to deal with an unreliable publisher well before, all the way back to the time when they had initially received whatever assets were left of Mythos Games' The Dreamland Chronicles: Freedom Ridge (supposed to be X-COM's successor) which later transitioned into UFO: Aftermath (due to the many technical and licensing problems they faced regarding the few game assets and associated middleware that they were handed over to work with and had to all but scrap and start over), as the publisher at the time Virgin Interactive Entertainment / Titus Interactive apparently also failed to deliver the agreed upon milestone payments on multiple instances, resulting in tough times for the development team at ALTAR who were working without income for months at a stretch.

The solution more or less ended up being Cenega Publishing (later acquired by 1C Publishing in May of 2005 and two years later renamed to 1C Publishing EU/s.r.o.) which picked up the project, funding it and taking on the publishing/distribution responsibilities.

I can tell you that my copy of UFO Afterlight has the Cenega logo on the box, with a yellow 1C Company logo beside it and the ALTAR Games logo to the right of it as well.

In fact you can still see for yourself the news post ALTAR made at the official UFO: Aftershock site regarding the publishing deal struck with Cenega Publishing for UFO: Afterlight, dated March 2nd 2006.

Not to be remiss, I must also make due mention of Tri Synergy which partnered with Cenega to publish the games on the USA.

For some further, somewhat related reading, you can resort to the chat logs we keep right here at StrategyCore where some representatives of the publishers intervene at spots.

@Zombie:

As I recall it had to do with the fact that the original ALTAR Interactive later became ALTAR Games, and an integral part of IDEA Games - an association of sorts (stands for Independent DEvelopers Association), formed in 2005 for purported mutual benefit of the associated 3 parties - the two others being Black Element Software and Bohemia Interactive (a development studio and also a publisher), the latter of which ended up fully acquiring ALTAR by the end of 2010. Hence, and in short, it's why you see Bohemia Interactive listed as publishers in digital storefronts today, no doubt due to licensing affairs. But it's not quite so straightforward as all that and some additional explanation is in order.

ALTAR actually had to deal with an unreliable publisher well before, all the way back to the time when they had initially received whatever assets were left of Mythos Games' The Dreamland Chronicles: Freedom Ridge (supposed to be X-COM's successor) which later transitioned into UFO: Aftermath (due to the many technical and licensing problems they faced regarding the few game assets and associated middleware that they were handed over to work with and had to all but scrap and start over), as the publisher at the time Virgin Interactive Entertainment / Titus Interactive apparently also failed to deliver the agreed upon milestone payments on multiple instances, resulting in tough times for the development team at ALTAR who were working without income for months at a stretch.

The solution more or less ended up being Cenega Publishing (later acquired by 1C Publishing in May of 2005 and two years later renamed to 1C Publishing EU/s.r.o.) which picked up the project, funding it and taking on the publishing/distribution responsibilities.

I can tell you that my copy of UFO Afterlight has the Cenega logo on the box, with a yellow 1C Company logo beside it and the ALTAR Games logo to the right of it as well.

In fact you can still see for yourself the news post ALTAR made at the official UFO: Aftershock site regarding the publishing deal struck with Cenega Publishing for UFO: Afterlight, dated March 2nd 2006.

Not to be remiss, I must also make due mention of Tri Synergy which partnered with Cenega to publish the games on the USA.

For some further, somewhat related reading, you can resort to the chat logs we keep right here at StrategyCore where some representatives of the publishers intervene at spots.

Thank you sir, very informative! :)

- Zombie

A Female Protagonist sale is now ongoing over at the Humble Store. Includes Alien: Isolation The Collection 80% off, Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration 60% off and more.

Bought Isolation! Thanks for the heads up, just tagged the game as "interested in" in Steam during the weekend. Remembered about it some time ago and BAM, Thor has a deal! smile.png

I have a hard time seeing people in agony, true. With luck, I won't see any. ;)

Horror games are not my speciality, definitely. But I do enjoy certain universes and Alien is one of them. Played AvP1&2, loved both. The later games were too hard on my comp and most people described them as crap.

Isolation is a game like I've never played before. I'll have to be super careful not to play with children around me though.