ACM (UFO Aftershock)

Okim

hello, i havent play ufo for a long time and havent come on this forum. In this time mod became even better! iI do not have any suggestions as i only at culsist stage yet, havent much time to play.

Okim, you said:

No. Recruits seem to have hardcoded equipment and characteristic files. Simply editing their files in male/female (soldier, seer) folders does nothing.

But i havent any problem with editing recruits, as i said earlier i made recruits without equipment and with lower levels than in vanila (as i prefer), and one more lv1 soldier (in diplomacy screen) to recruit, to have more variants of their appearance and stats.

But i havent any problem with editing recruits, as i said earlier i made recruits without equipment and with lower levels than in vanila (as i prefer), and one more lv1 soldier (in diplomacy screen) to recruit, to have more variants of their appearance and stats.

I would like to see some add'l faces so all my soldiers don'l look the same, have you released this as a mod?

Strange. What files did you edit? I worked with male/female recruit files and these seem not to be working with new faces.

Strange. What files did you edit? I worked with male/female recruit files and these seem not to be working with new faces.

share\configs\ai_units\male (female) folders, for example "explore-male_recruit_soldier.txt" and for cultist stage. First I checked all male recruit files for head numbers when used "explore-male_recruit_newbie.txt" as example because they dont have any equipment. Maybe when you worked on recruits you checked wrong stage, i made this two times and could not understand why it dont working :cool:

I would like to see some add'l faces so all my soldiers don'l look the same, have you released this as a mod?

I think Okim will add more faces when figure out how to do this. But if you want to be able to hire not only 1lv soldiers, i maybe will release it when its finished. Now im only at initial stage, i need to advance to wargot stage in game to balance recruitment at cultist stage.

hey Okim!

i wonder is it possible to make the additional slot for weapon modifications (near the under-barrel slot). actually i'm thinking about weapon magazines with different capacity and reload speed. for example: 5.56 C-Mags, doubled magazines (with tape or clips), different size belt containers for MGs, drum AK magazines, etc.

for some reason i'm sure it's impossible, but i rather ask. :cool:

p.s. i think silencers r quite useless...

hey Okim!

i wonder is it possible to make the additional slot for weapon modifications (near the under-barrel slot). actually i'm thinking about weapon magazines with different capacity and reload speed. for example: 5.56 C-Mags, doubled magazines (with tape or clips), different size belt containers for MGs, drum AK magazines, etc.

for some reason i'm sure it's impossible, but i rather ask. ;)

p.s. i think silencers r quite useless...

Thats impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you post a screenshot?

You mean you are at wargot mothership? You need to fight your way to the nodes and destroy them (huge energy beams blasting through holes of the top of pyramid-like structures). You need lots of explosives to blow them. Normal weapons can also be used, but with much less effect.

Each taken area unlocks another adjacent areas.

https://i.imagehost.org/view/0466/UFO_2010-07-03_11-34-56-82

I can't do anything from here

About explosives: I don't have them...I have just a Rocket Launcher and a Grenade Launcher...are them enough?

Ok, I've found here

https://www.ufo-aftershock.com/pages/support.html

the "myrmecol repair script"...I'm going to use it. I hope it works

EDIT: how should I use it? XDDD

I've been testing ACM 1.4 against Aftershock 1.3, and have news - it works, but not perfectly.

First: I do understand that Aftershock 1.3 is some kind of blessed fan mod that Altar has seen fit to release. I understood going into this that there might be some breakage. That said:

It seems that once I researched the needed things for handguns, I cannot research it. Also, the Desert Eagle is available for manufacture, but its ammo might not be. In fact, some ammos are available, but their names are strange (looks like some kind of C++ class business). The names look like NAME::502 and NAME::504 and one says NAME::503 or something, but 9mm on the main page. Cannot tell if the DE can use any of the ammo I can make (probably not).

I can provide save games if needed to speed this testing process along. If you say, don't use 1.3, I've patched all that stuff in my ACM - I understand, and will revert when I can.

I've been testing ACM 1.4 against Aftershock 1.3, and it works not perfectly.

, don't use 1.3, I've patched all that stuff in my ACM - I will revert when I can.

If you patched with AS1.3 in the end, I think you must reinstall ACM1.4

Patch 1.3, then ACM 1.4. ACM has modified files that will not work if overwritten.

Okay, I'll do that.

Should I start over? Have I hopelessly corrupted things?

More importantly, how did the upgrade touch the ACM files. From what I recall, there was just one monolithic VFS file in there - how would an upgrade taint that?

Hello, idk if this is the right place to ask this but its kinda related to acm mod... how can i take some items from another mod and add them into acm for my own personal usage ? I've been playing acm for some time now and i love it , altho it kinda needs more variety when it comes to armor for the soldiers ... Now there is this mod (called COMBAT MOD) that adds quite alot armors and many other nice things but it also adds some weapons that for me ruin the entire game. So, i was thinking in taking the armors from that mod and merge them into ACM so i could enjoy the game better...

How can i do that ?

Hello, idk if this is the right place to ask this but its kinda related to acm mod... how can i take some items from another mod and add them into acm for my own personal usage ? I've been playing acm for some time now and i love it , altho it kinda needs more diversity when it comes to armor for the soldiers ... Now there is this mod (called COMBAT MOD) that adds quite alot armors and many other nice things but it also adds some weapons that for me ruin the entire game. So, i was thinking in taking the armors from that mod and merge them into ACM so i could enjoy the game better...

How can i do that ?

Sounds like vfstool is what you need, and for a personal mod (i.e. unreleased), it sounds like what you need. If you are talking about releasing this double mod, you'll need permission from Okim and whomever made made the Combat mod. I'm fairly certain Okim is happy with his mod, so he will probably say no. His mod is fantastic, the artwork and models are phenomenal, and I hope he has time to continue development, or at least finish his wishlist.

Here's a link to a tutorial about the VFStool:

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/databank/gam.../modding-guide/

Be aware that adding armors may throw the addressing for what Okim has done off, and may have significant side effects. I don't think it will be as easy as you think.

Good luck.

I don't plan to release anything, i don't have any right to do that. I like both ACM and COMBATMOD, ACM is great in all but lacks more armors while COMBATMOD has stuff in it that ruin the game for me but it has some nice armors. All i want to do is to take ACM and add to it the armors from COMBATMOD.

Sunflash (The post above) says what i want more clearly. I already tried to mess with vfstool and all that but its still over my head, was hoping if someone knows a more specific guide to do just what i need would be great (i know its a long shot but at this point thats all i got).

I am trying to do it on my own but at this rate it will probably take me lots of time. What im trying to say is that if someone already did something similar, it would be most helpfull if he/she shared some tips/ideas about this.

PS: Once again, i don't intend to use any of OKIM's and Drake88 (COMBATMOD creator) work to realease my own mod. I don't have the right to do so, its their work afterall. I just want to enjoy the game even more. IMO ACM lacks more armor variety and i cant ask OKIM to add more armors to the mod because i know he is busy with ACM for Sword of the Stars (been following okim there too, nice mod , as always).

Thanks.

You need to extract equipment, local and armors file from combatmode archive and all textures and models of the new armors.

I suggest you not to copy\paste anything from combatmod into acm as items in both mods may have identical IDs.

First try to add any single armor from combatmod. To do this you need to open CM equipment file, find what you need, copy this item and paste it at the end of acm equipment file. The you`ll need to check its IDs. They must not be identical to anything inside acm equipment file. After that you need to add this armor into armor file. Everything is quite simple there, through you`ll have to add this armor for both sexes. After that you`ll need to add this armor to localization file (this one is stored inside localizationpack in sepparate folder). There you need to add items name and description. Make sure that this description has the same ID as you new item.

Don`t forget to increase numbur of entries in equipment and armor files or the game will just ignore the last entry. DO NOT put your items anywhere except the very end of the list in both files.