ACM (UFO Aftershock)

Okim

Thanks )

Here are finished cannon and some machine gun models. As i mentioned i was working on adding some extra details to them. These models make cannons and mguns look even more formidable IMHO.

https://profinstrument.ru/cannon.jpg

Now i will focus on finishing glossary images and after that i`ll start working on improving drone models and their weapon models. I plan to release a new update on 29-31 of March.

Hi and good day!

First of all, thanks for this wonderful mod. The models of weapons in this mod are great! But, could author, please, bring back the backpacks to human light and heavy armor? Because its look queer, when soldier put somethin into backpack, witch no exict and item disappear to nowere)))) Or, if author don't wont to do this, is there a some tutorial, that can explain, how to do this?

To Darkplayer:

Cyborg weapons are planned to be adjusted. But i don`t think that they will be updated in upcoming update - i`ll going to have so-desired 2 weeks of rest.

This mod is not intended for russian use and i honestly doubt that there is any russian forum that discusses it :)

To Niika85:

Do you mean local soldiers? If so - i have already returned their backpacks to them. If you mean laputian or other soldiers - that this is a bug.

IMHO, the cyborg weapons seem to be extremely powerful when you first get them, but because they don't have any add-on slots (except for M82A2), human weapons can catch up with or even surpass them in later game.

About browning H2 and minigun: I would prefer browning H2 in early game too, but after your soilders get higher weapon skills, and enemies get better armors, damage becomes more important than range and accuracy for a weapon, so I feel that minigun is a better choice than browning H2 from then on.

I think that Darkprayer's idea about more different lv1 soldiers to hire is very good. High level soilders have different faces and starting stats from newbies in vanilla. Although I do like the change in ACM 1.1 that you can only recruit newbies, it would be more fun to bring those old faces back IMHO.

PS: Except for M82A2, all cyborg weapons use mechanic skill right now. How about some new cyborg weapons which use rifle, throwing (mortars?) and close range skill (like thunder hammer in WH40K?)? I know we have wargot plasma rifles and launchers for these roles, but it's too hard to get ammos for them.

To Okim:

Yes, i mean laputian soldiers. Is there a chance to fix this bug, or it can't be done((( Because, that is only 1 "-" of this mod (sorry)

Can you please post a screenshot of your laputian soldiers. I found no bag-less soldiers in my files, so either you mean green local soldiers or orange cultist ones.

IMHO, the cyborg weapons seem to be extremely powerful when you first get them, but because they don't have any add-on slots (except for M82A2), human weapons can catch up with or even surpass them in later game.

This and the fact that only cyborgs could use them was the main idea of these weapons. Cyborg weapons tend to be a less accurate than their drone equivalents. Perhaps i`ll adjust the accuracy of these weapons and the recoil they produce a bit more. Most of the weapons also require level 2 cyborg. More advanced and powerful weapons requires level 3 cyborgs. I can move ALL weapons to level 3 to make them appear later in the game in your squad, but i`m afraid that by the time you`ll get your level 3 cyborg you`ll already have gauss accelerators and wargot rocket launchers.

2Okim

Shame to me, but i can't understand (seems, button "printscreen" doesn't work), how to do it and were screenshots located. Tell me, please, how make and find it and i will post them - Question closed.

There is some screenshots of soldiers in light and heavy armors without backpacks (ACMOD 1.1; AS 1.2 russian 1C)

https://rghost.ru/1262057/image.png

https://rghost.ru/1262040/image.png

https://rghost.ru/1262036/image.png

https://rghost.ru/1261998/image.png

button "printscreen" doesn't work, how to do screenshots., how find it .

"the same key combination for Aftermath works in Aftershock:

CTRL-ALT-P for jpeg format

CTRL-ALT-T for tga format

They'll be stored under the folder 'screenshots' at the game's home installation. The folder is created if it doesn't exist."

"the same key combination for Aftermath works in Aftershock:

CTRL-ALT-P for jpeg format

CTRL-ALT-T for tga format

They'll be stored under the folder 'screenshots' at the game's home installation. The folder is created if it doesn't exist."

Thanks a lot, your help is priceless))

I think that Darkprayer's idea about more different lv1 soldiers to hire is very good. High level soilders have different faces and starting stats from newbies in vanilla. Although I do like the change in ACM 1.1 that you can only recruit newbies, it would be more fun to bring those old faces back IMHO.

There are 20 male and 18 female heads total, didn’t checked others yet. Its not difficult to make more newbie to hire, but in recruitment screen would not see their characteristics, only stats. Because i don’t know formulas to calculate characteristics, only for “Hit points”. Its not problem for me, cause i hire solders for training that i need and look only at their stats.

I still think that you need replacement for killed soldiers, which will be sufficiently effective, not canon food as 1lv newbie is. But if Okim need it i will make only 1lv solders, its easier.

Heads are randomly generated as far as i can see. At least my cultists in medium and light armors (normal human armors) are always with different heads regardless of them being absolute clones of one another and local humans.

In fact all non-player human solders in ACM be they cultist, militia or locals are using the only one soldier template that uses different stats and subrace entries.

I didn’t check non-player soldiers, but there are 7 different soldiers with 7 different heads (usually) in one file and then you go to recruitment screen, they are chosen randomly. Then i did tests, i used file with only one soldier and i always saw same soldier. I will look into your files, it will be good if there is a way to randomly generate heads.

I agree with Darkprayer. It seems that the head generation of recruits is level-bonded. The heads of lvl 1 recruits are chosen from only a dozen of different ones, not from all the heads, so that many old faces have disappeared in ACM 1.1.

Plus, the starting stats of lvl 1 recruits are bonded with their heads, so that soldiers with same faces always have same stats. The only thing generated randomly is their names. Actually, after completing the game for many times, I've already remembered all the faces of lvl 1 recruits and their corresonding starting stats.

I don't know if the heads of higher level recruits are generated randomly. It seems to me that theirs faces are like some mixtures of those lvl 1 ones.

There is a way to randomly generrate heads, why I didn’t even thinking about this! But in your file Okim I don’t see this, heads are prescribed for each soldier. To make them randomly randomly generated, you just need don’t write their heads names in headName STR , also works - headName STR "001::NAME". And i think editing number before "::" change heads generation, but i dont know how it works.

Hello there! Just wanted to ask whether the download link is broken? I've trier downloading the mod several times (looks promising from the descr and screenshots, awesome job Okim) and it seems to get stuck at about 30% and won't go further. Is it just me, or others also have downloading issues?

An updated version? What are you talking about? The last update was uploaded at 28 of February.

To me it's also looks strange... Maybe, reloaded by user "Slaughter" for request of user "whiteeraven". If so, that is misunderstanding - sorry :)

https://rghost.ru/1279718/image.png

An update will be released today.

The major part of it is a glossary update. All human and cyborg new weapons as well as items that have its models replaced have a new glossary image. This does not cover ammo, some new non-weapon items, explosives and drone weapons yet.

Cyborg weapons were remained untouched.

After this update i`m ceasing any modding activity for some indefinite time.

A new version is available.

ACM 1.2 can be downloaded here: https://www.okim.nickersonm.com/ufo/acm-12.zip (~75mb)

Changes:

- reduced time of barracks troops training.

- replaced some sounds.

- added two new weapons: SKS and M14. These rifles use long range skill, but require no sniper training.

- RPK now no longer requires heavy weapons training.

- P90 damage and accuracy was reduced a bit.

- RPG damage (of all warheads) was reduced. It is now lower than of LAW warheads.

- fixed cultist 'normal' armors. They were buggy - didn`t show heads most of the time.

- added extra details to all machineguns/cannons and drone weapons.

- returned original armor patterns to laputian militia.

- i failed to introduce different color patterns for drones per faction. Drones will retain their original color pattern for now... (please ignore this - cultist and militia drones should have different textures).

- added glossary images for all new weapons (except grenades and ammo).

- drones no longer have death animation (this was made for purposes of removing akward weapon position when a drone dies or 'loses consciousness'.

- restored soldiers backpack models.