Whatever happened to the Nival SS forum???

Unsterblich

I think like a lot of forums, if you're not logged in then you won't see profile pictures or other post-related pictures. Some forums are set up that way to prevent just anyone viewing their content and using up all their bandwidth, though I do find the logic a little odd :)

Have you tried resetting your password: https://forum.nival.com/eng//login.php?do=lostpw ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

English part of Nival forums is gone. I don't think it's coming back.

The Russian part is somewhat active. Some H&S fans are still around and post from time to time, although very, very few.

It appears Novik & Co. moved on with their lives.

As for the Nival Interactive they seem to have abandoned the S^2, S^3 and H&S. I haven't any signs of any projects involving Silent Storm and its sequels ;)

That's a shame! Hope it isn't a bad sign...

I agree. It is a shame. But I can't really blame them for following the money trail and slowly moving onto consoles.

Besides, after the Russians started combating their piracy (rather successfully, I might add) the profits from their own software market inside the country increased drastically. Whether or nor they consider Western market just a finacial side kick not worthy of serious consideration is not my place to determine (although it would be my best guess, I suppose)

Blunter

• 3 weeks later...

You should be able to access old information by using archive.org - bit of a long shot but has worked for me in the past (and just now when I entered https://forum.nival.com/eng// into the search box).

I'm a bit annoyed if someone just decided to take it down as, with a bit of work, all those posts could have been moved to our forums for example without neccessarily needing to copy across any user accounts. As it is the information is nearly lost and certainly not easy to find.

EDIT: Looks like you can't actually view threads in that archive. Bummer.

Just fired them an email to see if anyone can help.

Y'see, I'm not sure what happened with the domain as it's definitely not in my control. I don't think it ever was though - just had a year or two remaining on it.

I vaguley recall some issue with it but for the life of me I can't recall what it was - otherwise we'd have it.

I'm still working (or rather back working) on porting over the content to the new CMS so the Silent Storm stuff will get done then. To be honest quite a lot of the old data was related to the initial release, so not sure if any later patches affect any of the stats tables. Guess once they're posted up again some folks here can poitn out any inconsistencies.

Well, i went to the S2HQ many times because google took me there.

but when i meant "down" was that the modding help pages are down. Actually like 70% of the site doesnt load anymore.

I came in this modding game really late, as i saw there was going to be no more support from the small existing community. Only relics like you guys and me on this forum remember this game. Thanks al lot guys, i appreciate the help.

• 1 month later...

Zombie getting it nudged me into reinstalling it and getting it running on linux, finally. Still fun. Reckon I'll try a german runthrough this time. :laugh:

Archive.org works for getting hold of much of s2hq stuff, thankfully.

Glad to hear you are playing again Knan! I'm gonna need all the help I can get with this game. So much to learn, so little time. I haven't even looked at playing the axis (of evil :D ) yet. :D

I'll have to take a peek at archive.org. Hopefully it has some stuff on it which StrategyCore can scavenge. I'd hate to see it disappear. :laugh:

- Zombie

• 2 years later...

Nival was bought out by an American company, after they made Hammer and Sickle. Actually I think H & S wasn't made by Nival anyways, it was a mod, that Nival sold as a full game.

Anyways after Nival was bought to focus on development of Console games like Playstation and Xbox, most of the original people who worked on Silent Storm left and joined other companies.

So unfortunately I don't think there will be another Silent Storm. Although, Jowood I think owns the rights and probably the engine, which could be used to make another Silent Storm if they wanted.

Nival was bought out by an American company, after they made Hammer and Sickle. Actually I think H & S wasn't made by Nival anyways, it was a mod, that Nival sold as a full game.

Anyways after Nival was bought to focus on development of Console games like Playstation and Xbox, most of the original people who worked on Silent Storm left and joined other companies.

So unfortunately I don't think there will be another Silent Storm. Although, Jowood I think owns the rights and probably the engine, which could be used to make another Silent Storm if they wanted.

Just a few corrections to make here.

1. Nival was indeed bought by Ener1 Group, an american company, with hopes to increase it

Hammer and Sickle was never made by Nival

1).I didn't say Hammer And Sickle was made by Nival?

2.)

Jowood doesn't own the rights to Silent Storm

So who does, since developers don't?

Hammer and Sickle took me 45 minutes to play...that was the shortest game I've ever seen. If I wanted a 45 minute game I'd only pay .99 cents for it.