troops and building

General_solomon

how many units can represented in a given battle.

I am not aware of any specific limit on the number of units on any given template. There are certain limiting factors I noticed that affect the gameplay however. They are:

- your PC (especially RAM, Video adapter(vid_card), PC speed)

- the number of objects on the map (particularly small ones)

- the number of sound and visual effects happening on the map (fire, electrical distubances, looping sounds, weather, lights, water, etc.)

- sloppy scripting (self-explanatory)

The Editor is a power hungry beast (quite literary). RAM>1GB, VC>6600Nvidia, or >9800Radeon, CPU>2GHz - are the specs that I am comfortable with working with the editor. While RAM of >2GB, NVidia>7600, CPU>3GHz - make me a happy modder

Generally I try to keep the number of anything down (units, objects, effects).

10-20 units would do nicely without too many slowdowns. Although you can always add units via script later.

whats the max stories can buildings be set at.

Again, not sure. -4 to +4 - all I tried. The editor didn't seem to allow me to go any further in either direction. But I might not be very accurate here.

Keep in mind the "-", underground stories will be accessible only if they are above the "#" grid line, otherwise you'll get the "path not found" message.

whats the max map size

Dunno. I think 128x128 is the limit. Not sure though. Anything equal to that, smaller and 8x should do.

I do know that map sizes larger than 72x72 are a pain to build and play on. (Again depends on your system)

My favorite ones are 64x72s

P.s. Oh, yeah you might want to check with the editor manual. There are some good tips for beginners. Good luck.

Blunter