Crashes and bugs *SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED*

Not sure if this is a bug, but where I used to have an option for advanced foundry, etc., I now only have options for a hospital ward, lab or science. I do not have a magnetron, nor anything to research, including EM weapons.

The tech tree wasn't much help, as I couldn't tell what I need for the magnetron. All my resources are at least adequate, except crystal which is like a 2 or so. I cannot produce the gatling gun and I really want it!!!!

The research pre-requisites for this game are a little bit odd I have to agree. You didn't click on "build" for the advanced Foundry did you and then not have anyone in the civil engineering bay by any chance? I did this when upgrading to the reticulan power plant and thought it was taking ages to build until I realised what I'd done! :bleh:

As for EM and the Magnetron, I think invading martian territory triggered this for me although I'm not sure (As you can see fro an earlier post I thought the Magnetron was an artifact not a building as well!) Since doing a Martian Autopsy I have had loads and loads of martian research options appear.

Worth noting that EM theory has been been renamed "The Ramirez Principle" and the plasma canoon the "ramirez rifle" after the lead scientisit who discovered the technology. I really like the little touches the game throws up like that :what:

The Acid grenade bug is solved by equiping a character with one, doing a mission and then unequiping the character on their return.

Unfortunately the same doesn't work for "Psi Weapons" so that reticual n healing can be researched. Judging from the official forums this is a know bug and shouldn't effect gameplay however.

I think you need lots of noble metals to produce the gatling gun but I'm not sure.

Well, if you did click on "Build" for the advanced foundry you must have placed it in one of your domes somewhere. Take a look and see if you can find it. If all you can see is a box with scaffolding around it then it is in the process of being built but you will need to ensure that one of your technicians is in the civil engineering bay. I think if you left click on the box then the game should tell you how much longer there is to go, but I don't think I've had any building that's taken more than a couple of hours to build or upgrade.

I have completed the entire game now, but I never figured out how to defuse the mines..... Does anybody know how?? Or is it a bug in the game???

I have a technician with minor surveyor training, and a some pliers with the mine kit in it. But when I spot the mines, my tech wont do a damn thing!! I have tried clicking on the mine and the red icon above, but nothing happens.

Once I made him attack it with the pliers and the damn thing blew up and all the kits were used up in one "shot"

Maybe it's just a matter of clicking in the right place?

When I forget to bring a mine-eater with me, I position men in firing positions nearby and a medic with kit equipped, then make the trapped soldier soldier run away from the mines, perpendicular to the mines to try to minimize blast damage and have the medic heal him.

I'm not certain but I have noticed that my two fast scouts - Ute and Claude - have frequently run over mines that I haven't spotted and not been blown sky high. It's not until the mines are spotted by my heavy weapons tech guy (oliver) that the mines appear and they start to blow up.

This can be an advantage when Ute and Claude are way ahead over everyone else (most of the time) but also a major drawback if I suddenly realise my defensive positions are sat right on top of those mines - especially if rollers are about :bleh:

I'm not certain but I have noticed that my two fast scouts - Ute and Claude - have frequently run over mines that I haven't spotted and not been blown sky high. It's not until the mines are spotted by my heavy weapons tech guy (oliver) that the mines appear and they start to blow up.

This can be an advantage when Ute and Claude are way ahead over everyone else (most of the time) but also a major drawback if I suddenly realise my defensive positions are sat right on top of those mines - especially if rollers are about :bleh:

Good question there Sorbicol.

It made me think of how do the mines 'see'? EMP, Infrared or something entirely different.

Last time I fiddled around with the vision modes I noticed that Ute had gone invisible in EMP mode because he wasn't equipping any energy based weapons and she was wearing a plastic armor.

Some bugs I've found:

- After (de)composing a weapon, clicking on the "Storage" sub-tab will cause a CTD

- Deleting a squad that has not been equipped with anything will cause problems when you try to create a new squad immediately thereafter. You will CTD when you try to enter the equipment section.

- The addon bonuses are royally screwed up. Using the "Unload All" button doesn't remove the addon bonuses or penalties confered by the weapon adddons. Ever seen a projectile rifle do 85 damage at 59m, with 100% accuracy? The bug stacks bonuses too... Of course so do the penalties.

- Using "Unload All" with half empty ammo packs miraculously refills them

DF

• 2 weeks later...

Compared to Aftershock Afterlight is delightfully stable ... almost...

I dunno if it might be some problem with my computer or whatnot but the game crashes like almost every single time my Robot (with 4 weapon slots) attempts to shoot at something :what:

At first I thought it might be the game not being able to handle calculating 4 gattling guns shooting all at once so I switched to heavy lasers and... the same thing happened :bleh:

has anybody else had this problem or know of a solution?

Compared to Aftershock Afterlight is delightfully stable ... almost...

I dunno if it might be some problem with my computer or whatnot but the game crashes like almost every single time my Robot (with 4 weapon slots) attempts to shoot at something :what:

At first I thought it might be the game not being able to handle calculating 4 gattling guns shooting all at once so I switched to heavy lasers and... the same thing happened :P

has anybody else had this problem or know of a solution?

First I've heard of it mate. I've had my drones shoot four of most things - gatlings, rockets, lazers and EM guns. Never crashed for me I'm afraid :bleh: