Dumb bazooka people

Xomul

Hi guys, still on those Wargot/Cultist missions, but i can't help noticing...my men have this uncanny ability to shoot their missiles/bazookas right in front of them....even when they have lvl1-2 training as trooper or gunman or both.

Now i thought this is only a game problem with the grenades, now even missiles? How the hell am i supposed to take out those Wargot robots (weapons rebalanced) when my own lvl2 trooper fires his flaming missile 2 feet away from where the entire group is positioned, knocking 5 of them out( including himself), sustaining fire/heavy damage, and attracting the whole retine of perfectly aimed Wargot missiles/grenades/plasma...

Is there anyway I can fix this? or do I just up their mechanical skills so at least they fire AWAY from the team and AT the intended direction?

The short version: Grenade and rocket launching algorithm is screwed!

I remember having a squaddie throw a grenade that landed at his own feet after bouncing of his other hand as he threw the grenade.

*Thinks back on his soldiering days when he threw that training grenade backwards and nearly killed a sergeant*

so...i just don't use them at all? then what can i use to kill those Wargot walkers? My best weapon against them is the Wargot plasma so far...the rest of the projectiles have armor piercing bullets but not that useful if i want to take the suit down quickly

Wargot Power Armor units can be taken down with most rifles, including XM8's. If you've got a really good sniper, a browning sniper rifle (or which ever one you prefer) or even a USG can knock it down quickly if you manage to hit it in the head a couple of times, or selectively cripple it until it's manageable. Pairs of Colt 45's/MP5's or a PK Machine gun armed with AP rounds aren't too shabby either if you don't mind getting up close (if your soldiers are still new at it), or from a distance (if they're really-really good).

This is all assuming you're playing the plain vanilla game and not using any weapon mods.

There will be one other much tougher unit you'll meet later on called an SG Defender, and it'll show up quite often and it will make you waste a heap of ammo.

I hate to say it, but except for one (or was it two?) unit in the game that only take damage from energy weapons, almost everything will go down easily to some sort of AP round. Wargot Power Armor, the tough helmeted-Wargots and the SG Defender units notwithstanding. Pity that the RPGs (when used by you) lack the stopping power that you'd expect from such nasty devices (when used by them).

- NKF

awww crap...yeah when i was playing with the original version(no mods), the wargots go down rather easily with the normal rifles, and back then my troops are just newbies in their own professions( lvl troopers, rangers etc.)

but now i've got weapons rebalance, and its such an ass to kill just a wargot...but i've noticed that laser weapons, though they don't do much damage, are able to stun wargots easily, while the conventional AP rounds are soaked up rather easily by the wargots...