UFO: Afterlight release date announced

Thorondor

Cenega Publishing and ALTAR Games have issued a press release (direct link) announcing the official release date for UFO: Afterlight as being slated for February 9th 2007.

In a recent post at the game's official boards, Mr. Lukas "Izmi" Vesely (UFO: Afterlight's Project Manager, ALTAR Games) has said to this effect:

Last month we've just been balancing it and solving only very especial bugs or crashes.

Language localizations have started also.

We will release trailer and gameplay video soon.

So Cenega's release date is supposed to be honoured.

We'll be sure to keep an eye out for further developments on all UFO:AL related matters.

I agree with the repetitive part though not as much with the boring... one could argue that they go hand in hand. In Afterlight I hope to see a tighter well done campaign over-all. I enjoyed Aftershock it was just far to stretched out for no other reason than to add more play-time. I've always been in favor of a medium length game with greater polish than an extremely long game with repetition to the point of boredom.

I'll pick his one up either way unless another title or two already have me tied up and playing too much.