The Transformers

Azrael Strife

No. The distinctive five-tone transformation sound is absent, it only appears in the trailers.

Were you watching a cut movie? I distinctly heard three separate events featuring the five-tone transformer sound. The first of which is right there in the beginning, when the helicopter transforms. Did you take any bathroom breaks? :)

Uh, I'd field that one. But I don't know if we have "spoiler" tags on this board.

I have my theory on this one. They're half baked. :) Basically there's life, but no mind's been put in. Their actions are all reflex. Or I suppose another way to put it would be robot equivalents of zombies.

- NKF

*mild spoilers*

Right, just watched this one. Goes into my "Same shit, different wrapping" category. Sure, it was fun watching the robots in the beginning and all, but the farther into the movie you got the less appeal it had. As this happened, the lack of quality in story, acting, jokes and so on starting shining through real bad. I was glad it was over when it finally ended.

It's practically out of the theaters now, but I'll wait until it's completely out before I analyze.

I will say that I went to see Harry Potter, Fantastic Four, and Pirates 3 in the past week. Transformers easily has the greater story of them all. (In fact, I think the latest Pirates movie was utter garbage... And I really enjoyed the first two.)

Good to know. I thought the first Pirates was okay at best, so I'll pass the second and third. I may rent Harry Potter at some point, but with Fantastic Four I haven't bothered to see the first one. I remember reading a few of the comics back in the days, and didn't even like those... Lametastic Flop?

I will say that I went to see Harry Potter, Fantastic Four, and Pirates 3 in the past week. Transformers easily has the greater story of them all.

That's telling something, since we're comparing three blockbuster movie sequels vs a Michael Bay movie :)

By the way, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Transformers soundtrack that isn't just songs from a bunch of silly bands featured in the movie?

Got my copy from Itunes. Otherwise go hunting in the various record stores in your area.

Got my copy from Itunes. Otherwise go hunting in the various record stores in your area.

Um... Are you sure you got the one with the soundtrack music and not just the band music? Which copy do you have exactly? I can't find the instrumental music at any such "record store".

If you have the instrumental soundtrack, what is it called/does it look like? Because I can't find it anywhere.

Do they at least use some of the tunes from the cartoons or from 'Transformers: The Movie"?

I honestly don't think so. The score seems original. Which is what I, personally, prefer.

Um... Are you sure you got the one with the soundtrack music and not just the band music? Which copy do you have exactly? I can't find the instrumental music at any such "record store".

If you have the instrumental soundtrack, what is it called/does it look like? Because I can't find it anywhere.

I honestly don't think so. The score seems original. Which is what I, personally, prefer.

Okay I got the crappy band version...

I just wikied it and the instrumental version is gonna come out later in 2007....

Link