Real Life Power Suits

Crazy Photon

• 1 year later...

Yeah, like a car battery (or a few). Today's newer lithium ion cells are getting pretty good on run-time, but I'm not too sure how they would fare in high current applications (such as lifting weights). We can only wish for an Elerium battery. :oh:

- Zombie

Articulated fingers will prove to be more difficult than the entire exosuit.

Perhaps tehre is no need for a complete hand reconstruction. Although it would be best simply because of human/exoskeleton interexengability of weapons, gear and the likes. Also no need for extended learning of its usage.

For the life of me I can't explain the process of making this word. :oh: I meant the possibility of both the suit and the soldiers using the same weaponry. So that you don't need to develop a whole new sort of weponry and the soldier can, when he chooses to abandon the suit (or whatever) take the gun and continue on his/her own.

Sorry for the confusion...

It's still more reliable to build a duplicate access port in this case. Connecting the gun directly to the suit's systems will greatly enhance targeting and fire control. Getting a mechanical finger to squeeze the trigger is honestly not the most effecient method of firing a weapon.

And be honest. This is a powersuit. Do you honestly expect an unsuited soldier to be able to effectively use a weapon system of that size and weight?