Isn't there a bloody war on?

FullAuto

Playing through S2 again, Allied campaign, about three or four missions in. I'm doing quite well, bit low on the best stuff and my medical supplies are a bit rare, but nothing catastrophic.

I toddle off and do a mission, and finish it in quite a good mood, because I managed to nick an MG34 and a scoped G41, which are pretty good this early on in the game. Only I return to base to find that lo, the War Fairies have paid me a visit, and left me a ton of new guns and kit.

The Thompson submachine gun (drum mag version), RPD machine gun, a scoped SVT 40, a Webley-Scott pistol, two Colt 1911 .45s, a PIAT, a M1 Bazooka...where did all this come from? I didn't get most of these until about the last half/quarter of my previous games. Is it a bug? Or is it just a supply that's scripted to happen after a designated mission?

Like the song says, "What's going on?"

It's never happened to me in any of my previous play-throughs. It's like when you're nearing the last mission, and you go back to base and the inventory is absolutely bulging with weapons, ammo and kit. Except I'm not even half way through the game yet.