Jagged Alliance 3D interview and MiST land - South demise

Slaughter

Polish gaming site Gry komputerowe released an interview with MiST land - South's Max Tumin today. It is available in both Polish and English, and contains several interesting tidbits:

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): How many units from the original will make a return and if any, which ones?

Max Tumin (MiST land-South): Exactly 30 out of 40 AIM mercs from Jagged Alliance 2 will be available.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

You can find the interview at gry.o2.pl.

In related news, MiST land - South will be no more starting August 1st. You can read the reasons why at the MiST land site.

Spotted at Tacticular Cancer

If you were to judge by the lack of response to this thread you would think nobody is interested in this game. Yet I have high hopes for it. It looks good from what I have seen on this and other sites. And since I never bought or really enjoyed most of the previous games I have an open mind about this newest version.

Like playing Fallout Tactics before actually playing Fallout (have yet to try Fallout 2) I was able to enjoy Tactics for what it is... a tactical game.

Anyway I hope a demo will give me a better understanding of what the retail version has to offer. :drink:

I think it's more of a "fans holding their breath" than not being interested :drink:. MiST land doesn't exactly have an impressive track record, and the development has been messy and bumpy. I hope they create a good game, and what we saw at E3 looked interesting, but I'm not too optimistic. I'll hold my judgement for the demo and fan feedback however.

If you were to judge by the lack of response to this thread you would think nobody is interested in this game. Yet I have high hopes for it. It looks good from what I have seen on this and other sites. And since I never bought or really enjoyed most of the previous games I have an open mind about this newest version.

Like playing Fallout Tactics before actually playing Fallout (have yet to try Fallout 2) I was able to enjoy Tactics for what it is... a tactical game.

Anyway I hope a demo will give me a better understanding of what the retail version has to offer. :drink:

I got in contact with Elena Melnikova, the co-operative PR lady I interviewed during E3. GFI is just taking more direct control of its MiSTland subsidiary, not dissolving it.

Try not to post on the Strategy First (the official North America distributor) forum if you are going to keep an open mind. They will try to poison it if they can't convert you into one of them. Bear Pit's forum Bear's Pit is a great one for JA info.

Fallout Tactics was too limited for me. Each map was actually justs a maze to keep you moving directly toward the enemy. The AI was far more limited than either JA2's or the UFO:A games. I am a big fan of the Fallout series (I attended the launch party for Fallout 2), but Tactics was by far the weakest of the three. There is going to be a Fallout 3, by the way. :drink:

• 1 month later...