We kill whales...FOR FUN!

What is it with Humans when they feel they can hunt anything else on the planet without feeling remorse? We can, beause we're so superior? Rape, Murder, Genocide, Terroism, Eurovision? Do these words mean anything in a brain other than ours?

All instances of animal cruelty (basically hunting Whales is) need to be addressed in this world.

We always end up having to save an animal that has been hunted to near extinction. Rhinos, tigers, North American Beavers and many many more.

When will we learn our lesson? Does the world really need Whale meat to survie? Methinks not. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

It looks as if the Norwegian whalers are only going to catch about half their quota limit this year because of the weather story.

I'm curious about the claim by the environmental groups that there isn't enough demand for whale meat in Norway. Is there any truth in their claim or are they just trying to present a victory to their supporters?

I don't really know. I've never eaten whale, as anything that looks like a fish is disgusting to me. I don't think there's a lot of people in Norway that care much for whale meat, but that is only a guess based on what I've seen. I can't confirm nor deny the claims of the environmental groups, but I don't see why they should stop whaling either way. Let them hunt what there is demand for as long as it's within the quota. If there is only a demand for 300 whales, leave the other 700 be. If the environmental groups wants my respect, they can go chain themselves to a bull fighting arena.

Isn't some of the bodily contents of a explosive harpooned whale used in the cosmetics industry?

If so then when the next miss Universe is standing on the podium and stating that she wants world peace and save the whales she has indirectly supported the killing (by explosive harpooning) of whales.

• 4 weeks later...