Psi Control

Rosstoid

Well, I guess it's the best they can get. I mean, it's not like they CAN go through the drive through... The problem is, they'd either have to do it one at a time with a Small Scout ship, or the Medium would only serve up to 6 aliens at a time. That just doesn't work when your average citizen isn't used to seeing spacecraft ordering a McDonald's Big Mac. The police would come, and if Men In Black taught us anything, it's that the policemen know nothing about about the Aliens either. So, overall, they can ONLY abduct cows for the meat and try to make a burger. And it would be harder, too.

Sectoids don't have the armstrength to hold anything, let alone use amazing cooking ability to flip burgers on a grill.

Floaters don't have the intelligence to cook anything, they and their Reapers would just eat the meat raw.

You never hear of Snakemen abducting cows, because they, like all snakes, eat the prey whole.

Mutons rip the flesh off and eat it raw as well, except the Cetalid's acid attack isn't to burn through armor, it's to start the digestive process for the mutons. You can't have an amazingly powerful alien without SOME drawbacks, and autopsies have proved that Mutons have very underdeveloped digestive processes, the cetalid has to START the process in order to break down the food. The muton itself can absorb amazingly large amounts of nutrients, but cannot start breaking down the food to begin with.

The Ethereals just make us THINK that they've mutilated cows. They're that good at Psionics.

Let's not forget all those nutrient vats in the alien bases and the supply ships. They turn parts of the cows into some sort of nutrient consentrate, which is then injected directly into their blood streams. At least this should be the case for the sectoids, since they don't have a digestive system (having been surgically removed). They wouldn't buy Big Macs, but milkshakes wouldn't be out of the question. I wonder if the leftover bits, like the skulls and bones, enhances the soup in any way?

The fleshy bits are obviously left for the meatier aliens. They get to eat the burgers. :D

Hmm, I wonder if they eat their veggies? They like to throw potatoes and oversized grapes around... I think they're primarily carnivores. I can just imagine them using coleslaw as an explosive area effect weapon akin to cluster bombs.

On a less related note, one thing I'd really like to know is why the snakemen have that metal bit in their mouth. Any idea what that is? Whatever it is, it stops them from using their most powerful melee weapon -- the venom secreted from their teeth. The ethereal commander at least did the right thing in Enforcer, and took this away from the snakemen. Though it was a bit stingy on armour for the mutons and the snakemen.

- NKF

P. S: We're sidetracking! :D

u never know....mabey the aliens threw all the and burgers and stuff into the soup and took it from there...thinking "god i need fast food"....they walk over and steall potatoes to...make french fries...and dump it with the soup..."oh...and add a large coke with that wll ya?"...into the soup it goes....then they take it into the veins....just a possibility....if u look at it....they have traits that we do.....eating fast food alot while watching looney toons.....SO WHAT THE HELL ARE WE FIGHTING FOR???....we could all ally and act lazy like that together..... :D

Ahh! Here I was voting the Silacoid as the most useless alien ever - when all along I should have realized it's just the Muton portable barbecue grill!

I mean, why bother lugging a gas barbecue hundreds of yards from your UFO to your mutilated cow for a cook-out when alien genetic technology allows a semi-intelligent barbecue to follow you around?

To quote from one of my xcom-email sessions:

:D 'What have you got, son?'

:D 'Sir! It seems to be some sort of secret lab..with dissected cows..tanks of fizzing liquid!'

:P 'Son, I think you might be in the back room of McDonalds.'

:ninja: 'Should we restrict the use of heavy weapons, sir?'

:D 'Hell no.'

there ya go!!!....man jellyfish.......when i finished reading that i could'nt stop laughing for like ten minutes........i wonder what humans would do with that kind of grill.......yeah....so we've come up with the theory that all invasions are for the need of hamburger meat....anything else.......we need to create a room for this talk cause this place here is about the psionics thing...i've created one in the off topic area called...um...oh...your theories on their purpose...lets continue there shall we???....lol

I had a troop with psi strength 100, who could psi etheral commanders every second try.Made the end quite funny, just send one troop up to the brain, psi one of the (several) etherals with Blaster Launchers and kablowy...

AND he could shoot.

Bet he ate hamburgers. :D

But anyway, if you wann defeat the evil aliens the trick is to get troops with as low psi strength as possible. Say about, 2?

Give 'em armour, so's you can keep them around, and stick them in the back of your craft, blocked off by high minded soldiers.

The aliens tend to attack your worst troops, so the rest of your squad is now free to roam without interuption.