X-COM: The Fourth Alien War

TabulaRasa

I just got a game called The Movies and I made a movie called X-COM: The Fourth Alien War. I posted it online at https://movies.lionhead.com/movie/69876 . Unfortunatley, something happened with the car sound effect and it repeats throughout the movie, although I only noticed it about halfway through watching so its not too big of a deal but it can be annoying.

It hasnt got a lot to do with X-COM because it's the first in a series (how can you pack an entire war into on short movie?), and mainly develops the characters and sets the scene.

Feel free to make suggestions for new movies (although I already have some ideas) and by all means give suggestions on how to improve the movie for the next one.

I'm not sure when the second will be out, it just depends on when i feel like starting a second one :lovetammy:

If I may? Could you switch of this mumbling? I would prefer strict subtitles like in the oooold movies. the mumbling just gets on my nerves after a while, especially, because it's not adjusted to the drama of the scenes.

Otherwise, great stuff :lovetammy:

X-COM: The Second Encounter is now released at https://movies.lionhead.com/movie/70224 ! In this episode, Charlotte and her new squad head out to recover technology from the downed UFO, only to find it long gone. But not all the aliens went with it.

Also, keep an eye out from the next movie, X-COM: The Cincinatti Incidint - Charlotte goes on a second mission back to Cincinatti to find any aliens that may have been missed, only to find a new threat. I'll give you guys a hint, this new alien has inherited many techniques from it's Chryssalid ancestors...

OK, interesting. I guess you have to buy the studios and sets with virtual money you earn from playing the game?

I'm glad the sims-like mumbling wasn't in the second movie.

It had functional dialogue but could be tighter and more dramatic - dragged a bit.

I have tactical realism issues with four aliens shooting from prone concealed positions losing to four soldiers caught in the open, but by all means keep going. The subway did remind me of the public transportation you were forced to use in Apocalypse if your budget fell through, but I hope they can afford a plane soon.

Ya, the first one was my first ever movie so i want sure about the mumbling. You get a lot of sets that come with the games and there are 5 you can buy with VC's (virtual credits i think) that you earn by releasing movies and getting them reviewed. Theres also costumes and props you can buy too. As for the aliens, these first ones are simular in strength to sectoids, without psycic powers though. One shot usually kills them, and they just kind of all around suck. And about the plane, at the moment you cant see big effects like planes and UFO effects look like... well... crap, so i left that out. However, there is an expansion coming out sometime very soon. I read that there will be minature sets and a greenscreen set to make effects like jets, helicopters, and also spacecraft. Theres also a variety of explosions and other such content. I'm holding off the third movie for a bit and bumping the thread about my other two movies in the forums there until I feel they have made enough credits. You only get 25 MB to download movies so I dont want to get rid of the first one just yet...