Anniversary of September 11

Warlord

That's why I'm wearing my red, white, and blue American flag shirt with a quote from George W. Bush, "...we will win." (from his speech that day). I've had it since the attacks, so it's a little faded, but the message is still a good one.

And to all those terrorists out there....

Don't Tread On Me (Metallica)

Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail

once you provoke her, rattling of her tail

never begins it, never, but once engaged...

never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage

don't tread on me

so be it

threaten no more

to secure peace is to prepare for war

so be it

settle the score

touch me again for the words that you'll hear evermore...

don't tread on me

love it or live it, she with the deadly bite

quick is the blue tongue, forked as lighting strike

shining with brightness, always on surveillance

the eyes, they never close, emblem of vigilance

don't tread on me

so be it

threaten no more

so be it

settle the score

don't tread on me

so be it

threaten no more

liberty or death, what we so proudly hail

once you provoke her, rattling on her tail

so be it

threaten no more

so be it

settle the score

don't tread on me

(Okay, it's not the same without screaming guitars and crashing drums, but you get the idea.)

Everyone here knowing me the way they do I hope they will understand how much this mean coming from me.

One year on I sit in the same chair on the same computer watching the same television with the same thing on the news. It is true that the thousands of people who died that day will never be forgotten by anyone and the war against terrorism will not stop until the world is safe once again.

God Bless America

Everyone here knowing me the way they do I hope they will understand how much this mean coming from me.

One year on I sit in the same chair on the same computer watching the same television with the same thing on the news. It is true that the thousands of people who died that day will never be forgotten by anyone and the war against terrorism will not stop until the world is safe once again.

God Bless America

Yes, TJ, I do know what that means coming from you. Thank you.

And CP, I think you know that at least the Americans like me won't forget that all people deserve to be free and safe.

the &^%$ing american news i see no difference in this ceramony then the other ones the light show yeah nice was canada ackknoledged about it in the intro no so screw the american news yes they where horrible attacks and yes its sad but the news cant milk a disaster for money damn greedy Bastardos. scuse the language and it was my home town edmonton who sent the lights and i want the trade center back good as new not these smaller buildings do what we do in x-com air defense. shoot i read this over and i must say it is mean and heartless but i went home from school that day not sad not afraid..... it was a kick in the balls for america and you know what being kicked there hurts but it makes you stronger and that is my qoute. :alien2: :alien2: :alien2: :alien2: :alien2:

The ceremony may be mostly centered around america but if you're going to post something like that you have to think about it first. I was in America therefore it's bound to be about America. Even if it was the WORLD trade center that doesn't mean that the president is just going to say 'hey we're no better than anyone else let's treat everyone equally' Not this time because it isn't anywhere near equal. 3000 people died Saber, how many of them were american? Think about it.

I think about 16 Australians got killed, and we were the first country to offer help (we send over some several dozen firemen and equiptment to help with the cleanup) as well as having our guys thrown in the mix with the war on terror, But i wasn't expecting them to play the Australian anthem or anything, the aniversary was America's moment.

As was 11/7/01, America's tragedy, but the whole western world's wake up call. Complacency no longer cuts it.

Carlos, I agree with you. We Aussie's are always one of the first to help out, like in Afghanistan we sent the SAS troops, but we are never/seldom given any recognition.

I do not harbour a belief in god, but I do give my best wishes to all who died, and their families.

Bastiaan's Message

Don't forget to think of all the innocent people who died because of september 11th, every war costs lives, don't forget that when you "settle the score".

Although many people died in the act of terrorism on September 11, more people have been killed in Afghanistan in the "War Against Terror". Fighting terrorism with terrorism. Every human life is sacred.

Well, I obviously can't speak for the whole country, but I certainly appreciate the way other countries responded when we needed them. As for the people killed in the war on terror, let me say this. Yes, it's terrible that innocent people have been killed in Afghanistan, but were they the targets? That's the difference, you see. Innocent civilians are the primary targets of terrorism. (Like X-COM terror raids)

Well, it *does* matter, but I understand what you are saying. You can't say that there is no difference between intentionally killing innocent civilians and unintentionally killing them while going after people who aren't innocent civilians. I agree that to the person's family, the loss is just as great, though.

well the firemen of the uk held silence for the ny firemen who died in the collapse of the WTC. I also held silence at what ever time there was silence for all the people have died.

I beleive all the people who could of gotten out of the building but stayed to help friends are hero's. I look back on this event and i see how everyone in the USA joined together. But i also see how so many civilians were killed in continuous bombings on afghanistan.

(sorry if that aint come out right :) )

I'm not sure that I agree about the heroes bit... I think that everyone playing a part in the tragedy of that day over a year ago have earned the title of a hero. Even those who died. Some may say that they were the biggest heroes of them all. But they didn't do anything did they? es, they did. They United a nation, a country, a world.

I can see where this topic could be heading.

Terrible tragedy, terrible loss of life, but their IS division about what happens next, both with people's views in general and in this topic.

However, it's my board, it's my site and if there's going to be any arguing (which I'm sure there would be if left long enough) then it can be done somewhere else :hmmm:

I shall leave this thread open so people can pay respects, any current affairs talk can go on a current affairs site - perhaps on the bbc.co.uk discussion forums?

Anyone who is even remotely contemplating sparking off an argument from this point in will face Ban Number 1 from the rules and regulations. Anyone who wants to take it further after that can PM me.

It's not that I want to ignore arguments about current affairs, but this is an X-COM site.

Just a little reminder folks.