UFO and TFTDpedia!

The Veteran

Hey everybody, tis I.

After long deliberation I've recently restarted work on the UFOpedias I started for UFO about nine years ago and for tftd about five years ago...

They include everything from the games' UFOpedias and the floorplans of the UFOs, USOs.

The UFO project being the first started is now almost finished, all of the floorplans being in my opinion perfect and all but the Alien Research sections of the UFOpedia also being complete.

I'm working on the research section as we speak but the font I'm using doesn't respond well to XP! So I'm finishing up on the XCom pc upstairs. Not long though. If it isn't finished tonight it should be tomorrow. Then I'll get it hosted and linked as soon as possible.

Anyway just to give you all something to look forward to! Be warned, it's all done in paint so the files are large. They're all engineered to print perfectly onto an A4 sheet per file.

I'm only just picking up the TFTD program so that'll be a long while yet. Let me know if there's anything you guys want in that, and some endless praise would be nice too :tank:

Irfanview rocks.

I'm not clear on what you're trying to accomplish Veteran. What's the project exactly? Converting the images from the game into a hardcopy (paper) reference?

If you need assistance, I'll be glad to lend a hand.

I definitely need somewhere to host it Munkey so I may well take you up on that offer. It's going to be pretty big but I'll let you know it's final size when it's done. It can be zipped into a pretty tiny package...

Kemuri, I started (years and years ago) to make simple maps of the XCom UFOs in MSPaint. I also for some reason decided to finish off by making a hardcopy of the UFOpedia. I did the same thing for TFTD when I got that in about 96. Then for a long time, nothing got done... Then someone asked about TFTD maps on the forums and I was spurred into action again :tank: So here I am and I'm just finishing the last section now.

I had to work tonight so it may be another day or so (especially with my landrover outside :inlove: ) Still, it is complete so I hope it's worth you all waiting for.

hehe, just give me an e-mail or pm on the specs of your project, i'll host it for you. thats no problem, though my e-mail will only allow a 1mb attachment, there is a way around that. but just keep that in the back of your head when you decide its ready.