Xcom With new UFO/AM/AS graphics??

wellmadd

Hello all my first post, I not really a modder and would have noidea were to even start with such an idea.

But is it Possiable to Make the First Xcom:Enermy unkown(bad spelling)using the new Graphics?

Cus I loved the idea of Selling all stuff you found, were you troops never Really got godlike, like now were you get level 26+ troops that walk solo in 20 wargots and takes nodamge and kills them all =[.

Doing 12-18k crit damage. So is it Possiable to Make the first game, by moding the new one? and if so can/would anyone do it?

Thxs

WellMaddy

Welcome to the boards wellmadd!

To modify the game as you describe would be an ENORMOUS job. It would almost be as much work as starting a game from scratch. It is probably possible, but the project would most likely die long before completed.

Your best bet for X-COM with new graphics would probably be one of the projects listed here.

That being said, it would probably be possible to make UFO: Aftershock more like X-COM through a modification. Even that would be a lot of work, but it would be possible.

Being Retied, =] yes I am 63. I love to learn and then try make this, but like i said I got noidea were to start, can you post a few links here that Have some tools, infomation I can use?

the plan to start with Would be to change Simple Things:

Like Armour types.

Light armour - normal armour

Med armour - Power Armour

Heavy armour -Flying armour(probly very hard to make it Fly(so maybe not on the first try)

Scale Down the weapons list(so meny and I think I only used about 9 weapons in the whole game lol)

Make the Plasma gun the best again(we all know it was(second to the Guilded Missle lancher)

Then when If i can I slowly add more and more Xcom stuff. is that plan, then after a time/and I learn euff Chain monsters, like Floaters had them Big beasts under them, and stuff like that.

Thxs

WellMaddy

Sounds good mate :)

The first thing you need is this tool. It allows you to open the .vfs files (they contain large amounts of text files), and write your changed files into a modification file. There's a readme file that comes with the tool that explains this process. If you need help, ask StadoWarrior, Black Almaz or Kret. Good luck!

There are also official modding tools in the works, but they'll not be ready anytime soon.