Video game quote game.

Gungadin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one? The one prefixed by "Megaman fight..." (or was it "Megaman fight for everlasting peace"? My memory's failing me) or do you mean the one related to "Take off every Zig."? In any case, the last quote hasn't been named yet. :(

- NKF

Contains, as opposed to "starts with" the letters M and S?

Hrm. Not many games that I can think of are based back in those days. Sands of Time, maybe? Can't remember that quote being in the game, and not sure where it would fit either...

It's no good. When you put those two letters in capitals like that, I get as far as "Microsoft" and "Metal Slug" and get a mental block from there.

TimeSplitters? Can't remember any levels dating that far back...

System Shock II. I tell you, my pistol mania has infected me in this game as well. Whenever I play the game and go down the energy weapon field as a main weapon skill, I end up with an inventory full of nothing but fully upgraded argon laser pistols. And people say the energy weapons are useless. Fie on them I say. Fie!

Here's one:

"Hey wait a minute. They have pants"

Hint: Think along the lines of Wizard of Oz although this has nothing to do with the Wizard of Oz whatsoever.

Be careful not to mention what exactly is happening here, as it can be rather a big spoiler for those who have just picked up this game trilogy.

- NKF

Well, it's a recent game (he notes some people may not have it yet), and it's a trilogy.

Only trilogy that comes to mind in recent times is the Prince of Persia series, though that's really a pentilogy or something. That's as far away from the Wizard of Oz as you can get, though... I'm thinking some sort of RPG?

Well, it's a trilogy in the sense that the first three games complete the story, where the third game plugs all the holes left behind from the first story. Not counting the recent spinoff.

It's one of the recent batch of titles with two names in the title. To make it easier, the sidekick thinks he's the hero.

---

To be fair, it is impossible only if you've never played or watched someone playing the game. I don't know most of the quotes from the games listed in this thread as well - be they for the PC or console.

- NKF

Ok, since nobody seems to know, I'll just say it.

The quote comes from Jak 3, the Jak and Daxter series.

I highjack the next quotes.

From the most badass game in the history of the universe, my favourite PC game:

"Endure. In enduring grow strong"

"Old Ward. Also known as: Wanker city"

"I AM VHAILOR"

"Justice awaits"

"BURRRRNNN"

"I think, therefore I am.....I think."

"Feh! Even MORE of a STENCH"

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

"Aw, I don't believe it, quit dyin' on us, will ya?"

"What can change the nature of a man?"

As I said, it is the greatest game ever made.