Really funny bug...

Slayer_Of_Lobstermen

I haven't played x-com in a while, found these forums a few days ago, and started playing again... I was playing x-com apoc, and somehow managed to pick up a multiworm mouth(I think) ;) I clicked inventory as soon as the multiworm died, and it was on the ground, so I took the "alien artifact"... I tried to drop it and it kicked me out ;) I loaded my game, and when I got back to base, it was gone :( I have a screenshot, but I'm not sure how to post it....has anyone found any other really strange bugs?

If you ever gain control of an alien that's not normally controllable (like the Multiworm - you'd need a hacked 250 psi skill soldier to do this easily), you will get this attack icon. I know I've seen the popper explode controls and a psimorph's tentacle icon (for its psi attacks), but I don't ever recall if they worked.

- NKF

I got it when I killed a multi/hyperworm (not sure which), I clicked inventory the instant it died, and it was on the ground. I have a saved game with it, if the soldier carring it dies or drops it, the game crashes. It tells me that it is an alien artifact, and I am unable to use it. When I get back to base, it disappears. I will try to get another soon, if I can figure out what I did...(and you can mind control multi/hyperworms without hacking, you just need to save and load a lot ;) )

• 4 weeks later...
j'ordos is correct, go and download the midnight editor, you can edit the save so you have any of the alien's weapons. for those of you who remember, i once tried out all the alien "weapons", and none of them worked on my human soldiers bar one: the poppor bomb. instant terrorist. i doubt that islam exists in the 22nd century though... =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...