Floaters rock!

Grimnoch

I was going to make a funny comment about the civilians walking on air, but it didn't quite work out.

Zombie: One time, in a base attack, I set my attack speed down to 1. Not sure why - no, nothing to do with Matrix's bullet time or anything - the movie wasn't even made at the time. One thing I noticed about blaster bombs at the time was that they tend to pick up a lot of drift between waypoints (of course, until they reach automagically appear where they should be). I too tried setting lots of short waypoints in a straight line, and it was appalling how difficult it was for the bombs to stay on course. I've found that zig zagging the bomb along short waypoints (mainly for corners) to be a lot safer than having it follow a rigid path along a straight line.

90 degree mid-air pivots are also horrible in close quarters.

I think those of us who've made extensive use of the launcher have learnt one very valuable lesson: When plotting waypoints, give the bombs plenty of space.

---

Speaking of the farms: It's curious, but none of the farms you fight in are ever populated. No furniture. No people. No animals. Nothing but abandoned crops and a few bails of hay. No wonder I never hesitate when it comes to throwing high explosives through barn windows...

- NKF

Speaking of the farms: It's curious, but none of the farms you fight in are ever populated. No furniture. No people. No animals. Nothing but abandoned crops and a few bails of hay. No wonder I never hesitate when it comes to throwing high explosives through barn windows...

- NKF

Julian Gollop: Gee, Nick, I can't escape the feeling we've forgotten something, but I can't remember what it was... The barns are there, the hay too, cabbage, fruit, wheat.... hmmmm.

Nick: Oh well, it's probably something that doesn't even matter.

:P

- NKF

Could you imaging having to defend not only farmer john, but old bess to.

when john see old bess blown away by a sectoid he runs out in his overalls and goes bizerk with his shotgun.

in truth the amound of time it takes the x-com craft to arive to any combat site. i'm suprized that the aliens are still sticking arround. let alone the locals.

-Blade FireLight

how about this!

a craft lands

it conducts research for a day or so

you land, interrupt them, and they decide to defend

OR:

you shoot them down

they repair

after 3 or 4 days, they finish reparing, and then retreat straight back up to space

you interrupt their repairs, but if you fail your assault then they will self destruct and head to the nearest base

"ummm, sir, this human map says "himalayas" are in between us and our base. It shows them as purple and white. Do you have any ide"

"no"

"well then, lets go, purple obviously means that it must be flat, and besides, its not like we could possibly have the bad luck of having a massive mountain range in our way or anything, is it?"

OR:

you shoot them down

they repair

after 3 or 4 days, they finish reparing, and then retreat straight back up to space

Reapir... whad do they do. ask the cows for some spair elirium and Power Sorce parts. :mad:

:) "I said I would give you the secreats of the universe if you will give me some elierium."

"Moooo"

:P BLAM!

-Blade FireLght