Most Soldiers Recruited?

Slotty

well.. as topic says.. what is the highest number of soldiers you've had in your ranks? if my memory serves me right.. i've had about 38 soldiers.. all from rookies to captains.. All Human :D ( dont like hybrids or Androids. )

tho my computer crashed before I could finish the game with them... the best army ever :D

Well, I, uh...heh

Ok, I love this game to no end, thus, I refused to finish the alines. Im content with pwnzering every hostile org, and having an insane ammount of firepower at every portal, constantly. I rotate out 8 Hawks from each portal, all w/ 3 heavy wep cons and 2 Rebitrons. Lol. Had a mothership come into the middle one, they were all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwich!. I also use tanks to destroy bases, after raiding them of course. I have a lot of nutty ways I play this game, and im a die-hard addict. I've had at least 150 soldiers before, and I divide them up a lot. any non injured personel are in a vehicle ready to respond at my command. I have cars, usually valks loaded with 8 man squads all over the base. This helps ease the issue of so many soldiers.

I <3 X-Com 4 life

I don't think I usually get past 24 with a couple of spares.

But once I recruited the full 36 just to take 36 into a mission. I got bored of clicking all the equipment into place. I just wish there was a Copy and paste equipment button.

Like why didn't syndicate (the origninal) have a Reload all guns button!

I don't think I usually get past 24 with a couple of spares.

But once I recruited the full 36 just to take 36 into a mission. I got bored of clicking all the equipment into place. I just wish there was a Copy and paste equipment button.

Like why didn't syndicate (the origninal) have a Reload all guns button!

K, Ctrl Left click agents to select them in the Equipment screen. Ctrl Right click to deselect an agent thats equipped. Once you find your unequpped agents, drag n drop stuff on any 1 of the selected. Bam, on em all.... Yea... lol.... My X-Com Cmder died a lil while ago, lol, Never send a high ranker out on a hoverbike -sigh-

Oh well, got a new one in 5 minutes, lollersk8s

• 4 weeks later...

In my current game I have 51. I still don't even have a Colonel yet. :(

I have a team of 36 hybrids, soon they'll all be super soldiers (ie. 90+ in all stats). It's kinda fun having a full squad when going on missions. Just a barrage of bullets against the aliens.

The other 15 are humans that I started out with. Their physical attributes are pretty maxed out too.

• 8 months later...
heh u guys really go for num bers, i dont usually get more than about 20 unless its extreme curcumstances im very good with controling small numbes but still getting the job done with high success, general alien building missons i use bout 14 agents 2 6man groups and ive never lost yet, except maybe the dimenson gate generator but that gets megaspwans too heh, well with toxin type c one shot can kill most aliens if not 2 will kill all but larger forms like multi worm psymorph and megaspawn

And here's me thinking twelve's a crowd... ;)

heh i always thought a group of 12 was enough, only when i got new bases is when that number went up, its rare i get up to 20 unless i get many bases, usually only end with 2, never need any more, one main base one manufacture base

• 2 weeks later...

Now I am playing a game with one self imposed restriction: only one base. Fortunately the base layout I got was the big rectangular box so I have enough real state to put large facilities and their living facilities. For that I have two for soldiers exclusively, that's it for 20 of them.

Any non-injured servicemen (human, hybrid or android) are divided in two teams loaded on their ready to go vehicles. They are basically (as of this stage of the game): The "anti-alien" team (6-9 soldiers) armed with double shields, toxigun, and cloaking device; and the "raid" team (9-12 soldiers), armed with two disruptor cannons, heavy rocket launchers and other explosive stuff. Each have suffix tags on their names to indicate their speciality. In battle they are divided in triads. The "anti-alien" team have a plasma pistol as an additional sidearm just in case there is a raid of non-aliens in the base. They all have motion detectors, stunt grenades and one incendiary grenade.

My next step is to mod the game to make the hand weapons a bit more realistic and much more powerfull. Maybe changing the toxigun for a toxirifle (larger, heavier, but much more precise and with better range), and to increase the power and ROF of the alien guns.