Bagging Koch (spolers)

Zager

Does anybody have any help for me on bagging Koch at his manor before he can get away. My last attempt consisted of having Scope (my sniper and team leader), Oleg, Rowdy and Abala blowing a hole in the wall south of the northern gate, and drawing the enemy fire for a turn or two, then having Kate and Gator make a mad dash through the north gate to get inside to the room overlooking the rocket pad. There, they managed to hold off the enemies who followed them and who were for a few turns (and taking more bullets than Marv in Sin City) before getting killed. How do I do this level?

I don't think you can get closer than to see Koch take off from the rocket pad.

I base that on the fact that you encounter him later on in the game.

BUT, it has been a long time since played that mission, and I'm not so sure that I'm right so...

Don't take my word for it. :angry:

Edit: Go to Nival forum and search for Koch.

I've only seen him actually take off one time, and I've played that mission about a dozen times (it's probably my favorite mission).

I usually run out the front gate and rig it with a trap (taking care not to get caught near it in case it gets shot by the baddies), effectively keeping the baddies in. I then fight my way in through the side gate, taking it slow, until the waves of enemies stop, and I've got some breathing room. Then, if he hasn't left yet (never did, for me), I'd sneak through the yard into the back, try to pick off the guards, and wait for him to come out.

I find that usually there are only one or two waves of enemies that respond to serious noise (like blowing the wall down, or making a frontal assault on the side gate), and after they're gone, it's just a matter of mop-up work (which, as most peeps know, is the most dangerous and sweat-provoking job in all of S2).

If this doesn't work for you, let us know and we'll try to think of some other stuff for you...

Sorry, but all I have to say is "HAR"

Are you supposed to capture him? I've always killed the hell out of him! (or maybe I just knocked him "unconscious" by filling him full of lead)

Get the Save Mod, man, or enable the console and type "save xxxx" without quotes, where xxxx is your filename. Save yourself a lot of headaches.

Or just do what I do, and kill the hell out of him!

BLEARGH!!!!

I finally managed to get him, get all the other clues, and get out with no casualties. At least, as a reward, I got a silenced sniper rifle for Scope, and the armory back at base stocked a cool new ten shot sniper rifle that has a quicker firing rate and a higher damage than my old Moison.

It's called upgrade time, baby! Yeah! That freakin' silenced rifle is the absolute bomb of ages. I sometimes don't even want to play the Allied campaign because I don't know how to get my hands on that baby...

Hey, did you have to get him out "alive"? Was it necessary to not kill him for the mission to complete? You know, like when you kill someone SO dead that they're dead, and not unconscious?

Does that make any damn sense at all?

Congrats, btw. You freakin' did your time, and now you get some cool shizzat as a reward.

Hey, did you have to get him out "alive"? Was it necessary to not kill him for the mission to complete? You know, like when you kill someone SO dead that they're dead, and not unconscious?

According to the guide I read, you don't have to capture him, but if you do, you get the location of the Organization Storehouse in North Britain, and therefore, the opportunity to get ahold of some Panzerkleins.

You like being a walking tank?! I couldn't stand how slow they made my babies; babies I've spent weeks training into an elite fighting team, only to strap them to iron horses and send them stumbling (albeit with very heavy weaponry) into enemy territory!

Grrr!

• 2 years later...

Hey, I just started playing this game two days ago and I'm having trougle finding my last objective in this mission - listed in second place on the objectives tab. Can somebody tell me where it is? I looked everywhere and destroyed pretty much the whole building.

Thanx!!!

Btw, I'm playing Axis

i used my team to attract almost all of the enemy in a all all firefight by the gate. after Kock starts to run (enemy thinned by 1/2) i run my scout in a mad dash along the south wall of the building.

my scout is super dex. so very high AP, and good with a sub machine gun, nailed a few guy on the way there, everyturn i killed a soilder on the helipad, while not using all my ap, i get a way from the next soilder

oh yeah btw, i don't just use the SMG, my scout is good at tossing grenads (light weight)

needless to say it was diff. but i killed all 5 solider in the helipad and kock as well. while rest of my team is still in the front of the house firing away. (my scout is pretty badly hurt after taking out koch) but it was a success.

• 9 months later...