DVD.co.uk

FullAuto

They seem to be the cheapest place to order DVDs these days, apart from eBay. Free postage if you're in the UK, fairly cheap if you're a Johnny Foreigner, some nice deals, damn good rental system too. They do books, CDs and games too, though those seem to be sidelines to the DVD side of things. Good for finding DVDs that can't be found on the high street.

Amazon do have the odd thing cheaper, but since they buggered up my account, I'm not using them. :angry:

Added to Play, Sendit et al I don't think I should be able to bitch about the price of DVDs any more. Anyone else know of any good net shops?

Funny.

I checked "The good, the bad & the ugly" S.E. 2-disc since it one of my favourite movies.

DVD.co uk listed the running time at 155 min.

Play.com listed running time at 161 min.

My own Scandinavian edition says it's 171 mins.

My LaserDisc is listed at 161 mins. (NTSC. Original American release.)

Now I wonder if they're sloppy when typing in tech specs at the webshops or if the censorship in UK is harsh on old Western movies. :angry:

Edit: Part of the mystary solved perhaps. When I look at it, it seems that Play.com has listed the time for the NTSC version. Whatever happend to the 16 mins. that's missing?

If your looking for games check out swallow games, they have quite a good selection of new and used stuff, competitive prices and swift delivery. I ordered a game from them at 2:30pm on thursday and it was with me on friday morning. highly recommended!

Edit: Today i also found a wicked cool site for CDs, dirt cheap, and free deivery in the UK. BangCD may not have all the obscure shite that FA likes to listen to, but they got a good deal on the new BRMC album (shame I already bought it!) :angry:

• 2 weeks later...