Hammer & Sickle hands-on previews

Slaughter

GameSpot and GameSpy both got a chance to look at Hammer & Sickle recently, and they were impressed with what they saw. You can find the GameSpot preview here:

While we weren't able to see a great deal of Hammer & Sickle, what we did see appeared to be very promising, indeed. The game has apparently already been completed in Nival's homeland of Russia, so the North American version is currently being localized. The game already looks excellent, and without the distraction of panzerkleins, it should offer a much more tense and realistically paced challenge befitting the Cold War era. Hammer & Sickle is scheduled for release later this year.

And the GameSpy preview here:

Naturally, one of the first questions that comes to mind when looking at Hammer & Sickle is whether or not this game can be considered a "true" RPG. That question was answered immediately when I found that, unlike Silent Storm, Hammer & Sickle will have no "missions." Players are completely free to explore Berlin at their own pace, talking to its citizens, and exploring its beer halls and back alleys.

Thanks for the heads up funcroc!

• 1 month later...

Right, and we should speak russian to understand those (for now at least). When english version is near then they might show us more dialog screenies. I would like to know how those have been made: can player be a friendly or badass to NPCs and are there somekind of 'give us the right answer' dialogs ...or what? I have played SSs so much that I know how the combats works (I read somewhere that in H&S players can hide only at nights... and thats good news).

Did someone spot the 'hand-rifle' and other new weapons? There seems to be something new for 'gun-freaks' too. BangBangBoogie! (BruddaDuddaDudadudaduda!) :)