YOUR 5 most wanted

Merridian

Black and White 2 was canceled. You may want to replace that one.

1: Ultima Underworld 2

2: Knights of the Old Republic 3 (Even though I haven't heard of any such plans for it yet)

3: Bioshock (Anyone have news on this one?)

4: Star Craft Ghost

5: UFO Aftermath

There. Some are old, but I don't care. I don't like most of the new crap nowadays anyway.

I've been a bit out of the loop, so I can only name a few old games that I'd like to play again (for nostalgic reasons, mainly)

1. Crusader: No Regret (got it installed when I lent a copy oh so many years ago - I just don't have a cd - and I don't want to resort to getting illegal cracks to get it running - I MUST try and win it on 'No Regret')

2. Strike Commander (Some may remember this as being bundled with Ultima 8 with some Creative Labs SB's)

3. Syndicate Wars

4. Final Fantasy 7 (for PC)

5. Day of the Tentacle (That blatant advertising note at the end of Full Throttle reminded me of this classic cartoon with interactive bits)

That's just one small list of the 'I wants', there's plenty of others that I'd like to own (including a brand spanking new copy of TFTD v2.0 (or the Terror Unknown compilation), where possible). But, ah, there you go.

- NKF

Black & white 2 cancelled NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):)

well if its true then another most wanted is star trek online, but there is nothing about the cancelation on the officail lionhead website and i am waiting for an email back from them to say if yes or no.

SAY IT AINT SO!

ROFL... B&W2 Canceled.... no chance... not while Sir Molyneux is alive anyway. (and yes, he is a Sir https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4135453.stm )

I think someone fell for an April Fools joke and hasn't realised. ;)

As for my top 5 it's pretty much the same as Merridian.

1. Spore (release date should be end of the year)

2. Stalker

3. The movies

4. Black & White 2

5. Battlefield 2

Last I heard, production on Black and White 2 was halted about a year ago. I guess they started up again... I probably just misinterpreted a production break or something. But I do recall topics on other message fora complaining about it's cancelation... I could've sworn one of them was on here, but that's unconfirmable now.

2. Strike Commander  (Some may remember this as being bundled with Ultima 8 with some Creative Labs SB's)

5. Day of the Tentacle

Strike Commander came with SB cards, did they? Hmm, never knew that. It explains this disc I've got, anyway. Note that it includes the expansion for SC as well. Also, it has Syndicate and Wing Commander II (plus their expansions, as well).

Picked up DotT a while back in a second hand shop. Had Sam 'n Max on the same disc, not bad for $10.

Sir Molyneux?! I know he had his hand in just about every style of gaming today, but that's a new one! :cool: Makes me feel young, gaming's just always been there in my experiance...

My list? Um, er, that's a tricky one. Wait, uh, PC games?! Oh, that's harder. Lemme think.

1. BioShock ('cause it's the closest we're gonna get to System Shock III).

2. Aftershock ('cause it's about the only commercial game that I can think of that'll keep the X-Com style in the loop).

3. Magic Carpet III (which'll never happen but you've gotta admit it would rule).

Now it gets hard. Um... Ah... No, I give up, I don't play as many games as I used to, and all the decent gaming companies have been closed down...

For now I want to play these ones:

* Starcraft

* Starcraft: Broodwar (I know these are on Battle.Net, and I am taking advantage of that, so if anybody wants to play just drop me a mail :cool:)

* Chrono Trigger for GBA / DS (I'd love to see that, especially now that I have a DS)

This is a wishlist thread or what?

In that case I go for:

Fallout 3

Planescape : Torment 2

Thorn

Sundog remake

Alternate Reality : All the parts

Otherwise:

Hummer & Sickle

The Fall (very curious about this one)

Gothic (I've had it for years, never got around to play it) :cool:

Did you play The Fall? I have heard both good and bad things so far...

Sorry, Slaughter. Haven't checked this thread in a while.

And no, I haven't played The Fall. It's a German game and is available in all other languages - except English. Last I heard, they were searching for a publisher for the English version. The game's also undergone several patches because the initial version was pretty buggy by all accounts. I also heard that the combat and tactical aspects of the game aren't all that. On the plus side though the RPG aspects of the game appear pretty solid and the game is non-linear.

Like you I've heard good and bad but we wouldn't really know until the English version hits the shelves.