shagpuss

Slaughter/Pete a matter of small significance, but the join date in my profile says 19th March '04, I know for sure I Joined either shortly before or after Troll did, if you check all my posts my first one was on 16th December '03.

Can this be changed to that date at least? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
We can't edit the join date of a user via the forum software. To do it, someone would need to manually open up the database files, hunt down which bit is the join date, and change that. Which could be simple, could be not, but either way would be time consuming. :cool:

Well actually you'd need database access. Then I'd need to convert your actual join date into the number of seconds past midninght a 0'oclock in the morning on the first of January 1970 (no kidding here - it's a nice little quirk of unix servers, though I doubt I got the exact date and time correct :cool:).

There is a little bit of scripting I can put together to work this out, but it all boils down to this - is it bothering you that much? ;)

I'm sure the software creators would have put in a feature had they actually the slightest impression that someone would merge three boards into one somewhere along the line :)

And yes, the reason it happened is that it must have taken the date from teh board you last registered on.

Well actually you'd need database access. Then I'd need to convert your actual join date into the number of seconds past midninght a 0'oclock in the morning on the first of January 1970 (no kidding here - it's a nice little quirk of unix servers, though I doubt I got the exact date and time correct :)).

Or you could use something fancy called PHP... :cool: Give this one a try. It uses the mktime() function.

That being said, I guess it's not THAT important shagpuss? ;)