Specific console commands

Isolated Pawn

Does anyone know the console commands for changing your characters skills and attributes? I used to have it back in the day, found it in the nival forums, but I can't seem to get there right now.. I just reinstalled my game, so instead of tryin to gather up all the spare ammo at the end of a stage and having fire practice on an unsuspecting building to try to keep one or two of my skills above the slackers hanging out at my base, I wanted to be able to just update my guys compared to those guys every two or three missions.

I mean, I usta have these commands, I know they're out there.. just can't seem to find em anywhere, only those six codes you see everywhere right before you see the entire getitem list. I rememebr it went something like Set.. AlliedHeroMale maybe, in no particular order, then maybe an abbreviation for the attributes, and the full skill in caps.. or maybe it was the other characters who needed their names in caps.. Anyways, anyone know this stuff?

Hey... you know that cheating might definitively damage trials in games and make you hate the game? (I'm not a moralizer but I have myself end up to that with many games: I can't even play those Blizzard strategy-craft games because after 1minute playing I want to start cheating...)

There is many ways to cheat in S^s... One simple cheat what I haven't try but it should do the job for your hero (in Sentinels) is like this:

---------------------------------

PlayerGiveMoney( 0, #### )

UnitSetXPLevel( GetHero(), # )

---------------------------------

After this you should be able to 'update' your hero skills with money to # level in base (or those just autoraise).

There is also way to lift your hero/mercs individual skills (throwing, shooting, melee...) but those need more functions and would you really want to make your units some kind of superheros (there is no superhero costumes in game). AP and VP values can also be lifted but those make your units like that stupid oldschool Flash-superhero (or mad Hulk).

I think this is so great game that you should think twice before you start cheating... but you can do what ever you want and be ready to deal the consequences ;) .

These 'scripts' should work for group members in S2:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

UnitSetSkillMaxValue( GroupGetUnit( GetParty(), # ), ST_SKILL, ## ) if you want to raise/lower the limit

UnitSetSkill( GroupGetUnit( GetParty(), # ), ST_SKILL, ## )

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#=membernumber( 1,2,3,4,5 )

SKILL=skillname(VP,AP,THROWING,SHOOTING,BURST...check from game...oops...HIDE is STEALTH...)

##=value(what you want to give)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There might be easier way but this is how I 'boost' enemy units via scripts to make good challenges.

...this is unneccessary post because I dont know AI-level update command but...

There is way to check zone-AI-level (GetCurrentZoneAILevel) but I don't have find out yet what is set ((SetCurrentZoneAILevel)) command. Maybe you Slaughter might ask if Nival would release every-single-command-what-this-game-use-notepad (and those Dialog.xls & AckInfo.xls (to make charecters responses) files). When typing 'help' to console it shows commands but I don't know how to stop it scrolling (I would know how to stop it in Commodore64 :) ) so I can see only under 100 commands (there is over 450).

I know how to raise the playes( there is about 20 ) AI-level, but knowing what player(s) is enemy you should have to check maptemplates in editor. If you lift wrong player it might cause allies- or civils level raise (usually enemy is player1 so you might try PlayerGetUnits(1) and so even some enemy units level will raise).

I'm also looking for command to open that custom difficult interface during playing ;) ...

Slaughter, are you buds with the devs?

I'm in touch with several of the Nival people. We'll be doing an interview with Novik about H&S soon, and Nival about Nightwatch. Our representative will also meet them at E3 to get some information on HOMM5 ;). Anyway, I do not know them personally, but they are very nice and helpful over e-mail. We also hosted a IRC chat with them some time ago. You can find the transcript in the interviews section of Sentinels.

Sweet! Can I have a personal item of yours, like a lock of hair, or a small swatch of your flesh? That would really make me feel close to you!

That's great that they're so friendly. Do you think they don't get enough attention, being in Russia and all?

And what relation does the mysterious Novik have to all this? Are the children his? Does he know the identity of the Man With No Hands? Or is his role more sinister? Might he know the whereabouts of the Golden Rooster????

Nah, I sell my hair at eBay after every haircut ;)

Yes, it's great the Nival are so friendly. And why wouldn't they be? Fan-sites is what keeps the games alive. You need fan-sites to start proper modding communities, you need fan-sites to generate news and you need fan-sites to show that the fan-base is there. We're happy if the developer is good to us, and the developer is happy if we help keeping the community alive, and thus promoting their games.

So it's a nice symbiotic existence really. Personally I have a very good relation to Aftermath developer ALTAR, and their publisher Cenega. I also have a good relation with Nival. We scratch each others back, though I may be a little demanding at times :)

Novik is the guy behind the H&S mod, turned game. Nival hired him and his group to make H&S into a game. I don't know if he has the answer to your mysteries however :(

You damn hair-hoarder! I'll get to checking ebay now. Soon, my tiny replica of you will be complete! BWA HA HA HA!!!

The whole remora/shark thing that is the fansite/dev relationship is really neat, and one of those communities that's really hard without the web. Whaddaya got otherwise? A list of people you photocopy the newsletter to?

By the way, when are we going to get more info on the H+S game? I heard a good deal about it about a month or so ago, but then news was seriously lacking...